Author Topic: MARK LEVIN: Trump prosecutors have a grand jury problem. Where is the defense?  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Trump prosecutors have a grand jury problem. Where are the defense attorneys?
Where the heck are the defense lawyers for former President Trump and his co-defendants? Why are they so passive?
By Mark Levin Fox News
Published August 28, 2023 8:00am EDT | Updated August 28, 2023 9:02am EDT

Let me address a very important and timely matter that, as best as I can tell, has not been addressed by the legal commentariat or, for that matter, defense counsel in the wide-ranging charges against President Donald Trump and his co-defendants.

The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution states, in pertinent part, that "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury …"  Is that what happened when Special Counsel Jack Smith and the Biden Department of Justice used the Washington, D.C. grand jury to charge former President Trump for alleged crimes that occurred in Florida in the so-called documents case, clearly using the wrong venue in violation of specific DOJ policy, and then hastily moved the case to a grand jury in Florida?

The protection afforded by a fair grand jury proceeding dates back many centuries to the Magna Carta and was prominently implemented by British and American courts applying Blackstone's legal doctrines. The notion that any grand jury would indict a ham sandwich refers to the usual adoption by grand juries of evidence presented by a prosecutor. It should not eradicate a right that was deemed important enough to be included in the Bill of Rights. The public and the courts must realize that these are accusations crafted and made by the individual prosecutors and not the result of deliberations and subsequent decisions by a group of ordinary citizens.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-prosecutors-grand-jury-problem-where-are-defense-attorneys
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Mark is totally correct here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien