Author Topic: Byte-sized warriors: the role of artificial intelligence in defence  (Read 212 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Byte-sized warriors: the role of artificial intelligence in defence

The number of ethical questions surrounding AI in the military is growing significantly.

Amid the war in Ukraine and rising geopolitical tensions across the globe, it has never been more critical for military organisations to explore cutting-edge technologies.

The document includes detailed information on the manufacturers and suppliers and their products, along with contact details, to inform your purchasing decision.

The threat of a peer-level conflict will force military organisations to modernise, seeking novel ways of organising and operating in conventional and non-conventional conflicts.

AI is the latest battleground technology for major military superpowers like the US, China, and Russia. It promises to automate and enhance all aspects of modern warfare, including command, control, communications, computer intelligence, electronic warfare, frontline service, reconnaissance, and training and simulation.

There are significant barriers to integrating AI into defence

As militaries worldwide pursue the development of increasingly advanced AI algorithms, the number of ethical questions surrounding their use increases. Lethal autonomous weapons (LAWs) represent the ultimate application of AI in a frontline role.

Presently, there is particular concern over the capacity of autonomous systems to identify, target, and eliminate perceived hostile threats without substantial human oversight.

https://www.army-technology.com/comment/ai-defence-ethical-concerns/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 01:21:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson