Author Topic: CBP Releases Bad Border Numbers in Friday News Dump  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBP Releases Bad Border Numbers in Friday News Dump
« on: August 26, 2023, 06:17:23 pm »
CBP Releases Bad Border Numbers in Friday News Dump
As I predicted, but wait until you get a load of the ‘Monthly Report’

By Andrew R. Arthur on August 21, 2023

I explained on August 17 that CBP’s statistics for the agency’s monthly Southwest border “encounters” — a broad term encompassing both aliens apprehended by Border Patrol between the ports and those deemed inadmissible by CBP officers at the ports — are usually released on the 15th of the following month, but were already late for July. That was, I posited, likely because preliminary reports suggested they were going to be bad for the Biden administration and its feckless border policies, and I predicted they’d appear in a Friday afternoon “news dump”, when few in the media were paying attention.

All of which happened.

The July stats appeared late on Friday, August 18, and were bad for an administration that had been taking ill-advised “victory laps” on prior months’ numbers. But wait until you read CBP’s “Monthly Update”, an attempt to put lipstick on this border sow.

Border Patrol Apprehensions. On August 1, the Washington Post published an article headlined “Border arrests surged in July, a blow to Biden migration plan”, which began:

U.S. agents made more than 130,000 arrests along the Mexico border last month, preliminary figures show, up from 99,545 in June. Authorities allowed an additional 50,000 migrants to cross into the United States in July, primarily through Biden administration programs allowing asylum seekers to schedule appointments at U.S. ports of entry using the CBP One mobile application.

The Post’s sources are plainly solid, because last month Border Patrol agents at the Southwest border apprehended more than 132,652 illegal entrants at the Southwest border. That was a 33.3 percent increase over June (when agents apprehended 99,539 illegal entrants at the U.S.-Mexico line), but the news gets worse yet.

https://cis.org/Arthur/CBP-Releases-Bad-Border-Numbers-Friday-News-Dump
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson