Author Topic: Army report finds male special operators prefer not to have women in their ranks  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Army report finds male special operators prefer not to have women in their ranks
August 22, 2023

Women have been able to serve in the U.S. Army’s Special Operations units for eight years, but they’re still subject to outright sexism, discrimination and other obstacles, according to a new study.

The Army’s report showed that while women have made significant gains during in the military, deep biases have not been removed and can impede that progress.

Major findings centered around sexism, isolation, ill-fitting gear, inadequate equipment, lack of child care and health care that didn’t meet women’s needs, especially when it came to pregnancy. Numerous women said they suspected they had been passed over for jobs either because they’re deemed less competent or qualified than men or because their superiors are trying to “protect” them from dangerous tasks.

“Females have no place on a team,” one male soldier told researchers. “It’s an unnecessary wrench in a perfectly functional system in the name of ‘political correctness.’ This trend is another factor that has systematically blunted the tip of the spear.”

https://popularmilitary.com/army-report-finds-male-special-operators-prefer-not-to-have-women-in-their-ranks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson