Author Topic: 1.5 Degrees Of Climate Fabrication  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
1.5 Degrees Of Climate Fabrication
« on: August 25, 2023, 10:53:36 am »
WRITTEN BY I&I EDITORIAL BOARD ON AUG 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Ghoulish scold John Kerry, the White House’s climate hobgoblin, has repeatedly warned that the world is not on track to contain a 1.5-degree Celsius increase in global temperature above the preindustrial level, and this means disaster is looming.

Others have made the same point, and the media just goes along for the ride. Their predictions are worthless, though. We know this because the United Nations told us so. [emphasis, links added]

The rock-solid, undeniable fact is that it’s impossible to make long-term climate predictions because our climate is ever-changing and volatile. It says so in the Third Assessment Report from the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:

“The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.”

And it has said this since 2001, when that report was put together.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/1-5-degrees-of-climate-fabrication/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: 1.5 Degrees Of Climate Fabrication
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:28:22 pm »
Chaotic dynamical system with long term prediction impossible.  Yes.

I'm grimly delighted by the news that the thermohaline circulation in the North Atlantic appears to be shutting down.  If it does, we're looking at a new Ice Age. 

Which makes one wonder whether the warming we've had is simply the warming that occurs at the end of an interglacial period -- the ice ages all occurred with the continents in more or less their present positions, and one of the better hypotheses for their causation is just that:  warming causing ice melt in the arctic decreases salinity in the North Atlantic, shutting down the Gulf Stream, heat not making it to the Arctic causes a sequence of cold winters in which the extra open water results in massive snowfalls on land and, within a decade the glaciers are back.

Which is why the correct reaction to the indisuptable fact that climate changes is not to chase a solution to a hypothesized cause, but to work on adaptation.  All the money going to "decarbonizing" the energy economy should instead be going to ag research to find ways of growing food in more extreme climates (both hotter and colder, both drier and wetter), building massive greenhouses so food can be grown in any climate (the ChiComs are already doing this), and building water projects to move water from areas suddenly getting more rain to areas experiencing droughts (and they should be designed to work in both directions in case the effects reverse).  Lots of nuclear plants would be nice, too, since we may need more energy to adapt.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:29:32 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:31:43 pm »
Chaotic dynamical system with long term prediction impossible.  Yes.

I'm grimly delighted by the news that the thermohaline circulation in the North Atlantic appears to be shutting down.  If it does, we're looking at a new Ice Age. 

Which makes one wonder whether the warming we've had is simply the warming that occurs at the end of an interglacial period -- the ice ages all occurred with the continents in more or less their present positions, and one of the better hypotheses for their causation is just that:  warming causing ice melt in the arctic decreases salinity in the North Atlantic, shutting down the Gulf Stream, heat not making it to the Arctic causes a sequence of cold winters in which the extra open water results in massive snowfalls on land and, within a decade the glaciers are back.

Which is why the correct reaction to the indisuptable fact that climate changes is not to chase a solution to a hypothesized cause, but to work on adaptation.  All the money going to "decarbonizing" the energy economy should instead be going to ag research to find ways of growing food in more extreme climates (both hotter and colder, both drier and wetter), building massive greenhouses so food can be grown in any climate (the ChiComs are already doing this), and building water projects to move water from areas suddenly getting more rain to areas experiencing droughts (and they should be designed to work in both directions in case the effects reverse).  Lots of nuclear plants would be nice, too, since we may need more energy to adapt.

:thumbsup:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 10:22:05 am »
WRITTEN BY I&I EDITORIAL BOARD ON AUG 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Ghoulish scold John Kerry, the White House’s climate hobgoblin, has repeatedly warned that the world is not on track to contain a 1.5-degree Celsius increase in global temperature above the preindustrial level, and this means disaster is looming.

Others have made the same point, and the media just goes along for the ride. Their predictions are worthless, though. We know this because the United Nations told us so. [emphasis, links added]

The rock-solid, undeniable fact is that it’s impossible to make long-term climate predictions because our climate is ever-changing and volatile. It says so in the Third Assessment Report from the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:

“The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.”

And it has said this since 2001, when that report was put together.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/1-5-degrees-of-climate-fabrication/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson