Author Topic: The Multibillion-Dollar Racket That’s Thwarting Safe, Affordable Nuclear Energy  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROBERT BRYCE ON AUG 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Multibillion-Dollar Racket That’s Thwarting Safe, Affordable Nuclear Energy

Earlier this month, Ken Braun of the Capital Research Center, reported that the anti-nuclear industry in the U.S. is spending some $2.3 billion per year. Braun identified more than 200 anti-nuclear NGOs.

The list includes anti-industry behemoths like the Sierra Club ($151 million in revenue in 2021), the League of Conservation Voters ($115 million), the Environmental Defense Fund ($285 million), and the Natural Resources Defense Council ($186 million) as well as smaller groups like Public Citizen ($8 million). [emphasis, links added]

Braun explains that his $2.3 billion figure is a “deliberately conservative estimate of the financial firepower of the American anti-nuclear movement. It includes only nonprofit groups with a known anti-nuclear position, and within that subset, only some of the anti-nuclear nonprofits. The real dollar figure is likely far higher.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-multibillion-dollar-racket-thats-thwarting-safe-affordable-nuclear-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson