Author Topic: Migrant families defy Biden asylum ‘travel ban’  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant families defy Biden asylum ‘travel ban’
« on: August 23, 2023, 10:27:54 am »

Migrant families defy Biden asylum ‘travel ban’
Story by Julian Resendiz •
11h

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Migrant encounters increased 23% between June and July in the El Paso region, but the number of families surrendering to Border Patrol agents between ports of entry more than doubled during that lapse, U.S. Customs and Border Protection data shows.

Border agents in the El Paso Sector came across 4,139 family units in July, compared to 1,782 the previous month, a trend that’s being seen across the Southwest border, where the agency reported 60,161 encounters with people migrating as a family in July, compared to only 31,266 in June.

At the ports of entry, where migrants with asylum appointments are supposed to come in lawfully, the numbers were up only slightly. The El Paso Sector of CBP’s Office of Field Operations reported 7,888 encounters in July, compared to 6,919 in June.

Across the border in Juarez, Mexico, migrant families can be seen in public parks and along sidewalks, either waiting for an online asylum appointment through the CBP One app or waiting for an opportunity to cross the Rio Grande to surrender to U.S. immigration authorities without one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrant-families-defy-biden-asylum-travel-ban/ar-AA1fDDav?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bbd36244c0854dceb08304e37e4313f8&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson