Author Topic: Pentagon To Make Entrance Exams Even Easier As Recruiting Crisis Deepens  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon To Make Entrance Exams Even Easier As Recruiting Crisis Deepens
New Yorkers Head to Armed Forces Recruitment Center in Times Square

JAKE SMITH
CONTRIBUTOR
August 19, 2023
5:14 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

The Pentagon will start allowing the use of calculators on the military’s entrance exam, making it easier for new recruits, Military.com reported on Friday.

The Pentagon will soon allow the use of calculators on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), an academic assessment that determines whether applicants are qualified to join the military and what roles they could be eligible for, according to Military.com. The change comes amid a deepening recruiting crisis as a growing number of applicants do not qualify to serve in the military, as well as criticisms that the military has increasingly embraced left-wing agendas.  (RELATED: The Army Might Be Ditching Its ‘Woke’ Image As It Faces Historic Recruiting Problems)

“The department is carefully considering the use of calculators for the ASVAB,” a Department of Defense official told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “We are taking a systematic approach, which will assess the impact of calculator use, and we are developing a way forward for calculator inclusion based on best practices in test development and psychometric theory.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/19/pentagon-to-make-entrance-exams-even-easier-as-recruiting-crisis-deepens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Among my tasks in the old Navy was calculating at what altitude contrails would appear.  We also calculated at what azimuth and zenith angles we could copy satellite images as the antennas weren't automated.  Another job was to calculate where potential nuclear fallout would drift based on weather conditions.  We also had to calculate the life expectancy of someone who fell overboard.  The best bombing altitudes were calculated.  We had no calculators back them.  So this shows just how far education and its effects on the military have degenerated. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson