Author Topic: Ramaswamy reiterates vow to pardon Trump ‘on day one’ as legal troubles stack up  (Read 175 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ramaswamy reiterates vow to pardon Trump ‘on day one’ as legal troubles stack up
by Miranda Nazzaro - 08/19/23 11:48 AM ET

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy reiterated his vow to pardon former President Trump “on day one” in the wake of the former president’s mounting legal troubles.

“I stand on the side of justice when I say I will stay true to my commitment to pardon Trump on day one, unambiguously and more importantly, call on Biden and the Department of Justice to drop these prosecutions in the meantime,” Ramaswamy said in an interview on Fox News.

Throughout his presidential campaign, the biotech billionaire entrepreneur has pushed back on the numerous charges brought against Trump and has pledged multiples times to pardon the former president if elected in 2024.

Ramaswamy said the four indictments against Trump “set an awful precedent” in the country.

“General rule of thumb, if you’re going to indict a former U.S. president who is running for president in the middle of an election, at least don’t make it novel legal theories that have never been tested in court,” Ramaswamy said. “And yet, that’s exactly what’s the case here in all four of these cases, and that is just shameful.”

He also pointed to a new Emerson College poll that shows him tied for second place with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in the Republican presidential primary race.

“It would be easier for me if Donald Trump were eliminated from competition, that’s not how I want to win,” Ramaswamy said. “That is not right, because that’s not the way we do things in the United States … I do think we have an establishment that spans both political parties that is fundamentally hostile to one man who happens to be one of my opponents in this primary.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4160057-ramaswamy-reiterates-vow-to-pardon-trump-on-day-one/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

DeSantis stated the same thing awhile ago.

Both are willing to pardon Trump should he become convicted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.