Author Topic: White House: ‘There Was a Lot of Confusion’ But We Couldn’t Have Prevented Kabul Airport Attack  (Read 715 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: ‘There Was a Lot of Confusion’ But We Couldn’t Have Prevented Kabul Airport Attack

Ian Hanchett 18 Aug 2023

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” White House National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby said that, “barring any decision that could have impacted mission success, there wasn’t much that could have been done to prevent” the Kabul airport attack from happening, “And there was a lot of confusion outside the gate, but inside that gate, the rules of engagement were clear.”

Host Jake Tapper said, “Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover’s mom said that he reported to her that it was just chaos, the line of — the chain of command was unclear, that they were sitting ducks. And we’ve heard other things since then. I understand that you’d rather talk and the president would rather talk about the decision to end the war in Afghanistan. I think a lot of people are concerned about how it happened, the implementation of the withdrawal and why it seemed so chaotic and why warnings about suicide bombers might not have been heeded, and the rest.”

Kirby responded, “Central Command, who was the overarching military command, did a pretty exhaustive investigation of this, Jake, and they determined, that, barring any decision that could have impacted mission success, there wasn’t much that could have been done to prevent that attack from coming, as tragic as it was. And there was a lot of confusion outside the gate, but inside that gate, the rules of engagement were clear. The commanders were on the ground, at the moment of the explosion, there were quite a few commanders there in charge and leading. And of course, everybody responded bravely after the attack. So, I understand, again, the pain, and we understand the anguish. Nobody can replace the loss that these families have suffered, but there was an exhaustive investigation. CENTCOM and the Army tried to learn from that, and we’ll continue to carry those lessons with us forward.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/18/white-house-there-was-a-lot-of-confusion-but-we-couldnt-have-prevented-kabul-airport-attack/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House on Charges They Lied to Gold Star Families, if They’ll Meet with Them: We’ve Done Reports and We Grieve

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” White House National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby responded to charges from Gold Star parent Kelly Barnett that the Biden administration lied about how her son died and a question on whether President Biden will meet with any of the Gold Star families or talk more about the attack by stating that Biden “certainly has talked about Afghanistan and the decision to withdraw and the evacuation and how it was conducted. We have conducted after-action reports, we’ve shared information with Congress and the public to the degree that we can. The President and the first lady continue to grieve with all the Gold Star families, and especially those who were killed in that terrible day at Abbey Gate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/18/white-house-on-charges-they-lied-to-gold-star-families-if-theyll-meet-with-them-weve-done-reports-and-we-grieve/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The White House had no interest.
The White House had no ideas.
The White House tried nothing.

Today people declare defeat before they even try.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Kirby's New Shameful Response About Kabul Airport Bombing Digs the Hole Even Deeper
Nick Arama

We've covered Joe Biden's apparent lack of empathy in response to the disaster that happened in Maui, saying "No comment" with a smirk, and then on Thursday, insisting he didn't want to talk about his planned trip to Hawaii on Monday.

But that isn't the first time he -- and his administration -- have displayed that attitude. We saw the Gold Star parents speak recently about how upset they were over their children having been killed at the Abbey Gate bombing at the Kabul airport during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and yet, they got no answers from the Biden administration — and particularly the callous way in which Joe Biden dealt with them, checking his watch, and even telling them his son died in action as well.

On Thursday, CNN's Jake Tapper asked National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications in the White House John Kirby if Joe Biden was going to talk with any of the Gold Star families or talk about what happened. Kirby's response was shameful.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/08/18/kirbys-shameful-response-about-kabul-airport-bombing-n2162766
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

The White House had no interest.
The White House had no ideas.
The White House tried nothing.

They are incapable of learning from their mistakes, thus equally incapable of learning from them, even when it is presented to them by others.  They are arrogant and unteachable.  And deep down, Kirby knows this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

White House: ‘There Was a Lot of Confusion’ But We Couldn’t Have Prevented Kabul Airport Attack

- Why did you choose to evacuate from Kabul Airport instead of Bagram?

- Why did coordinate with the Taliban to handle security for you?

- Why did you cram tens of thousands of military-age men onto transports while abandoning translators, clerical workers, and other personnel who had help US forces for years?

-  Why did you withdraw in the first place considering that a minimal deployment to keep the Taliban from taking over the government (i.e. the Bush Doctrine) had been hugely successful?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
All Bush had to do was provide solid evidence that Osama was directly involved in 9/11 and the Taliban would likely have turned him over.  But Bush couldn't do that. Mission 1 (the only mission) should have been the removal of Osama. Not the takeover of the country.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

-  Why did you withdraw in the first place considering that a minimal deployment to keep the Taliban from taking over the government (i.e. the Bush Doctrine) had been hugely successful?

Those are the exact right questions to ask, and the limited answers I've seen so far are terrible.  The way they've answered the first one is that the force commander decided that the forces available were not sufficient to secure both Bagram and Kabul, and he decided to secure Kabul instead.  But that begs the question of why they didn't ensure there were enough forces to do both.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

- Why did you cram tens of thousands of military-age men onto transports while abandoning translators, clerical workers, and other personnel who had help US forces for years?

- Why did you withdraw in the first place considering that a minimal deployment to keep the Taliban from taking over the government (i.e. the Bush Doctrine) had been hugely successful?

I will never understand why Biden made the choices he did,
because I just can not adjust my mind down to his level of stupidity.

Maybe he doesn't understand why, either.
Maybe he just spouted random orders, assuming that ANYTHING he says
is automatically smarter than anything anyone else says.

Maybe, in every meeting with anyone, on any subject,
he ALWAYS rejects everything everyone else says,
and substitutes HIS "ideas" solely to feed his ego.

He appears to have ZERO understanding of ANY subject he's handling.
And when advisors present ANY plan to him, no matter how well thought out,
he just substitutes whatever stupid "ideas" pop into his head,
just so he can tell himself, "There! I fixed it!"

About pulling out of Afghanistan at all -
At the very least, we should have made it clear that
we are keeping Bagram AFB - FOREVER!  Rent free!
That was a super gigantic strategic asset that was given away!  Free!
Bagram was as valuable to the USA as Cuba is to Russia!

About leaving people behind - both Americans and Afghans -
It seems that China Joe has a pathological hatred for EVERYONE!
It looks like this is a character flaw that is the absolute center of his being.
It looks like the ONLY way China Joe can ever see ANYONE is,
the only reason ANYONE exists is to be used by him!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Precisely!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe Biden, savior, to save us from Donald Trump, and non-stop bitching ever since by people that fought like Hell to foist Joe on us because he was so much better than Donald Trump.  Except they can't quit bitching after getting their way.  How can you better say that their advice was just that worthless and will continue to be.  Save America quit listening to the WOKE liars/deceivers, there advice is bound to just get worse!
:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

There was a lot of confusion by the leader of our Country, demented as he was.  Destroying the Country by dementia and the fools and suckers that bought that crap-.  Notice how Joe fills his pockets with gold, while betraying this nation.  No dementia when selling out his Country for money.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 06:21:48 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions