Author Topic: BREAKING: Merrick Garland appoints David Weiss as special counsel  (Read 3251 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: BREAKING: Merrick Garland appoints David Weiss as special counsel
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2023, 10:18:56 pm »
Gov. Asa Hutchinson
@AsaHutchinson
The purpose of a special prosecutor is to instill public confidence that a case will be investigated & handled justly. AG Garland’s appointment of David Weiss—who doesn’t seem up to the task—does nothing but create more doubt. A new special prosecutor should have been appointed.
6:16 PM · Aug 11, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2023, 10:20:16 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow
Until a special counsel is appointed to investigate Joe Biden the rest is of little consequence. Hunter Biden is covering for his dad. Joe is covering for his son. Make no mistake, none of the criminality was possible without Joe selling his office to one foreign enemy after another, or knowingly being used as a co-conspirator. Communist China didn’t pay tens of millions for nothing. They got their man. They got their policies. The coverup continues. Garland is leading the coverup as AG, as he is leading the effort to imprison Donald Trump. Obviously, he desperately wanted to be a Supreme Court justice, was embittered when he was rightly stopped, and in his mind is getting even.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2023, 10:21:59 pm »
Remember, when Biden's DOJ and Hunter's lawyers meet, they're not negotiating. They're conspiring.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2023, 11:16:42 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow
Until a special counsel is appointed to investigate Joe Biden the rest is of little consequence. Hunter Biden is covering for his dad. Joe is covering for his son. Make no mistake, none of the criminality was possible without Joe selling his office to one foreign enemy after another, or knowingly being used as a co-conspirator. Communist China didn’t pay tens of millions for nothing. They got their man. They got their policies. The coverup continues. Garland is leading the coverup as AG, as he is leading the effort to imprison Donald Trump. Obviously, he desperately wanted to be a Supreme Court justice, was embittered when he was rightly stopped, and in his mind is getting even.

And imagine him on the Supreme Court.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2023, 11:37:16 pm »
   Maybe he'll do as good of a job as this Special Counsel.    /s

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2023, 11:56:25 pm »
   Hopefully someone here can remind me of who appointed Weiss in the first place, Buellar?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2023, 12:00:00 am »
   Hopefully someone here can remind me of who appointed Weiss in the first place, Buellar?

I know too, so what?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2023, 12:03:15 am »
  These people seem to be coming out of the woodwork to bite his azz.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2023, 12:36:57 am »
I am so upset over this I could cry and have...Didn't Comer or ANYONE see this coming...Weiss will now run out the clock on the few important Hunter crimes that the statue of limitations are soon to expire,

So this Biden mafia gets by with treason and all the other crimes they have committed...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2023, 12:39:38 am »
I am so upset over this I could cry and have...Didn't Comer or ANYONE see this coming...Weiss will now run out the clock on the few important Hunter crimes that the statue of limitations are soon to expire,

So this Biden mafia gets by with treason and all the other crimes they have committed...
I'm not surprised. The Biden's, Obama's, Clintons, on down the line will never be held responsible.  They've insulated themselves too well within the deep state. Yes, it is sickening, disgusting and disheartening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2023, 01:26:39 am »

The Commie senators from the state of Delaware @corbe 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2023, 06:26:44 am »
Has a special counsel ever been used to investigate someone not in government?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2023, 11:25:31 am »
Has a special counsel ever been used to investigate someone not in government?

Interesting question, by doing this they are inadvertently admitting there's a corrupt stank around JoePedo.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2023, 12:48:29 pm »
Greta van Susteren says Garland has violated the law in appointing Weiss.
Oh brother….A/G Merrick Garland did not read the statute before making David Weiss Special Prosecutor; Weiss is currently employed by the govt (US Atty/Del)…I think we need a special counsel but let’s follow the law in picking and let’s pick someone from the middle of the country who is not cozy with DC..or gave some bizarre sweetheart deal to his target

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1690344010068451328

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2023, 12:57:30 pm »
Garland’s Special-Counsel Appointment in the Biden Probe Is a Farce
U.S. Attorney David Weiss is clearly ineligible for the job, and he has been appointed to it to cover up rather than uncover the Bidens’ corruption.
By Andrew C. McCarthy
August 11, 2023 4:06 PM
Attorney General Merrick Garland’s appointment of the Biden Justice Department’s Delaware U.S. attorney, David Weiss, as a special counsel is a joke.

To begin with, Weiss is not eligible to be a special counsel under the special-counsel regulations. To be clear, the attorney general has all the authority he needs to assign Weiss to the case (and, indeed, Weiss has been assigned to it throughout Garland’s tenure).

But under the regulations that Garland purports to be applying, what makes a special counsel special is that he or she is a lawyer brought in from outside the government, not just outside the Justice Department.

As Section 600.3 of the regulations states without ambiguity, “the Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government.”

The point of the exercise is to bring in a scrupulous, experienced former prosecutor who does not work for the incumbent administration, because there is a connection between the president and the investigation that creates a profound conflict of interest for the Justice Department. There could not be a more serious, blatant conflict of interest than a situation in which the president’s Justice Department is conducting an investigation of the president’s son that implicates the president in potentially impeachable conduct.  ...
More at National Review

Offline LMAO

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2023, 01:00:58 pm »
I'm not surprised. The Biden's, Obama's, Clintons, on down the line will never be held responsible.  They've insulated themselves too well within the deep state. Yes, it is sickening, disgusting and disheartening.

True

But what to do about it? Hillary should have been charged for her email scandal and wasn’t

Who’s going to hold these people accountable? I don’t see anything happening to the Biden crime family
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2023, 01:17:57 pm »
Does this mean the House investigations of Hunter can't request evidence....???

It means they cannot compel David Weiss to testify as to what he knows.  This is the purpose of the move.  A House had called in Weiss to give testimony.  This move by Garland effectively blocks that from happening.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2023, 01:23:20 pm »
Hunter Biden Lawyer: Making Weiss Special Counsel Just Changes His Title, Garland Said Weiss Already Had Full Power

On Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Source,” Hunter Biden attorney Abbe Lowell stated that David Weiss has no more power as a special counsel than he did before and noted that both Attorney General Merrick Garland and Weiss himself “have said for weeks, months, that he had all the authority he needed to bring any charge that was merited, at any time that was appropriate, in any place that made sense. … So, from a practical point of view, nothing really changed.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/11/hunter-biden-lawyer-making-weiss-special-counsel-just-changes-his-title-garland-said-weiss-already-had-full-power/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2023, 01:35:13 pm »
Jake Tapper questions 'odd' special counsel appointment of David Weiss: 'Maybe the whistleblowers were right'
Tapper argued that 'some of the political questions being raised by Republicans have merit'

"I think there are some legitimate questions about this whole situation," Tapper said on "CNN News Central." "First of all, I do think it’s fair to question why would U.S. Attorney Weiss be appointed to special counsel. Usually, a special counsel is an outside attorney. Now, it has happened before. Durham came from inside, and the attorney general has the right to do that, but it is odd."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jake-tapper-questions-odd-special-counsel-appointment-david-weiss-maybe-whistleblowers-right
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2023, 01:42:49 pm »

@corbe

Greta Van Susteren
@greta

And here is something you should know: yes, Weiss is a US Atty appointed by Trump and that is what the WH repeatedly mentions.…but but but..do you know how this is done?

US Attys are chosen on the recommendation of two US senators in the state…and BOTH SENATORS in Delaware are Democrats…it doesn’t necessarily mean someone is unfair but the White House needs to quit trying to pretend the appointment of Weiss by Trump is something it is not.

12:53 PM · Aug 11, 2023

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2023, 01:54:09 pm »
Jake Tapper questions 'odd' special counsel appointment of David Weiss: 'Maybe the whistleblowers were right'
Tapper argued that 'some of the political questions being raised by Republicans have merit'

"I think there are some legitimate questions about this whole situation," Tapper said on "CNN News Central." "First of all, I do think it’s fair to question why would U.S. Attorney Weiss be appointed to special counsel. Usually, a special counsel is an outside attorney. Now, it has happened before. Durham came from inside, and the attorney general has the right to do that, but it is odd."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jake-tapper-questions-odd-special-counsel-appointment-david-weiss-maybe-whistleblowers-right

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

Remember, a SPECIAL counsel is not the same as an INDEPENDENT counsel. David Weiss, who will be investigating Hunter Biden, will report to Merrick Garland and ultimately Joe Biden.

The man investigating the son is accountable to the father.

1:17 PM · Aug 11, 2023

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2023, 02:06:07 pm »
Greta van Susteren says Garland has violated the law in appointing Weiss.

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1690344010068451328

Trump has no room to complain about this given that John Durham was appointed Special Counsel while serving as the U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 02:08:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2023, 02:07:57 pm »

Exactly.  Trump can appoint whomever he wishes as U.S. attorney, and does not have to follow the requests of that state's Senators.