Author Topic: BREAKING: Merrick Garland appoints David Weiss as special counsel  (Read 3253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING: Merrick Garland appoints David Weiss as special counsel
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:24:11 pm »
Does this mean the House investigations of Hunter can't request evidence....???
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 04:26:18 pm »
Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
·
3m
Merrick Garland appoints David Weiss as special counsel. On Tuesday Weiss asked to be appointed. Must be seen as the safest course for the White House
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 04:30:54 pm »
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
7m
BREAKING NEWS: Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed a Special Counsel in the Hunter Biden Probe..

Holy Shit... Hell is Freezing Over..
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 04:35:01 pm »
This is nothing more than a cover-up!
Support the USO

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023, 04:38:23 pm »
A blocking move to stop House oversight, which means they are close to blowing it wide open and Garland had to shut it down, so he thinks.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 04:40:23 pm »
Suspicious this drops on a Friday afternoon during August.

Seems like a blatant conflict of interest to assign a prosecutor as Special Counsel of his own case.

Special Counsels are supposed to be outsiders, independent of everybody and everything.

This screams coverup and makes the Congressional Republicans' case that there is a DOJ/FBI coverup of the Hunter Biden case.

GOP House should order immediate subpoenas to Merrick Garland to testify before Congress to justify not appointing an outside Special Counsel.  Oversight the crap out of the DOJ Hunter Biden coverup.

GOP Congress can continue investigating and releasing witness testimony and authenticated documents to the public and to the press.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:49:12 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 04:42:27 pm »
🇺🇸 Mike Davis 🇺🇸
@mrddmia
Today special counsel appointment is Garland’s next coverup for—and protection of—his boss Biden.

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, handpicked by both Democrat senators, buried evidence—deemed credible by another U.S. attorney—since early 2020 that Biden is compromised by a $10 million foreign bribe as Vice President.

Then Weiss orchestrated an unprecedented sweetheart deal, included a back-door pardon, for Hunter Biden—which protects President Biden.

When this scandal got exposed by Judge Noreika, we now have today’s special counsel appointment.

Weiss has proven himself as a loyal political foot soldier for Biden. And Garland’s appointment of Weiss as special counsel, with his “ongoing investigation,” will simply shield Biden from accountability before the 2024 election.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 04:44:30 pm »
AG Garland appoints Hunter Biden investigator David Weiss special counsel
Chris Pandolfo

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday appointed U.S. Attorney David Weiss a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe.

"I'm here today to announce the appointment of David Weiss as a special counsel consistent with the Department of Justice regulations governing such matters. In keeping with those regulations, I have today notified the designated members of each House of Congress of the appointment," Garland said.

Weiss is the federal prosecutor who has investigated the business dealings of President Biden's son and brought charges against Hunter Biden in Delaware.

Garland said on Tuesday that Weiss told him that "in his judgment, his investigation has reached a stage at which he should continue his work as a special counsel, and he asked to be appointed."

"Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded it is in the public interest to appoint him as special counsel," Garland said.

In July, Weiss announced a probation-only plea agreement for Hunter Biden that was rejected by a federal judge.

His investigation into Biden is ongoing, Garland said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ag-garland-appoints-hunter-biden-investigator-david-weiss-special-counsel
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 04:47:49 pm »
A blocking move to stop House oversight, which means they are close to blowing it wide open and Garland had to shut it down, so he thinks.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 04:48:45 pm »
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
Merrick Garland just announced that he will appoint US Attorney Weiss as Special Counsel to look into Hunter Biden's matters.

This is the same US Attorney who just tried to give Hunter a sweetheart deal.

Given how Hunter has been treated this far, pardon me if I'm not extremely excited that anything will actually come of this.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2023, 04:50:57 pm »
Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
·
9m
After his appointment as Special Counsel, Weiss has announced that the deal with Hunter is dead as Dillinger. Defense counsel may now regret telling the prosecutors to "just rip up" the agreement. FARA anyone?
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2023, 04:52:35 pm »
This was a major mistake.  Special Counsels are supposed to be outsiders.

Now, the Biden DOJ coverup is publicly official.  Let the subpoenas fly and the public hearings begin.

This is too big to bury in a media dump on a Friday afternoon in August.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2023, 04:52:43 pm »
BULLSHIT!

Jake Gibson
@JakeBGibson
·
6m
The White House was NOT informed prior to the announcement of this Special Counsel, according to a Senior DOJ official.
Support the USO

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2023, 04:53:06 pm »
I don't think this stops Congress investigations. It might make them harder to do. Waiting for the Chairmen to weigh in.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2023, 04:54:52 pm »
Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
·
23m
Just as the House GOP starts stringing all the ties together, the Special Counsel comes along and gets them to stop their investigation so he can investigate. Hmmmm.
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2023, 04:56:27 pm »
GOP House just needs to start skewering DOJ, Merrick Garland, and Weiss.

And repeating two words/phrases: COVERUP, CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2023, 04:57:34 pm »
 Merrick Garland elevates Delaware prosecutor David Weiss to special counsel in Hunter Biden probe as plea talks at 'impasse'

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Friday that Delaware US Attorney David Weiss would be given special counsel authority in the ongoing Hunter Biden investigation.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Friday that Delaware US Attorney David Weiss would be given special counsel authority in the ongoing Hunter Biden investigation — as prosecutors said negotiations with the first son about a potential plea agreement had broken down.

In a brief statement at the Justice Department, Garland said Weiss had asked for special counsel authority three days earlier. The AG said he had agreed due to “the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter.”

Meanwhile, in a filing with Wilmington US District Court Friday, two of Weiss’ prosecutors said talks with Hunter’s legal team about a potential guilty plea to federal tax misdemeanors and a felony weapons charge were “at an impasse.”

“The Government now believes that the case will not resolve short of a trial,” adding Assistant US Attorney Leo Wise.

Garland’s announcement came 10 months and four days after Weiss allegedly told officials from the FBI and IRS that he lacked authority to charge the first son, now 53, outside of Delaware.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/11/merrick-garland-elevates-delaware-prosecutor-david-weiss-to-special-counsel-in-hunter-biden-probe/
Support the USO

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 04:58:40 pm »
Weiss has a complete conflict of interest, and was complicit in a corrupt attempt to bamboozle the judge into giving Hunter a get out of jail free card.

The guy can't be the least bit trusted to pursue this in any unbiased way. This is just brazen corruption and criminality.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:59:29 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 04:59:40 pm »
Blatant corruption.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 05:00:51 pm »
The Fox is in charge of the investigation as to what happened in the Hen House.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 05:01:03 pm »
Weiss has a complete conflict of interest, and was complicit in a corrupt attempt to bamboozle the judge into giving Hunter a get out of jail free card.

The guy can't be the least bit trusted to pursue this in any unbiased way. This is just brazen corruption and criminality.

Exactly..Andy McCarthy just explained this on Fox.....it's a sham!

Special Counsel is supposed to be unbiased..Weiss is NOT
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2023, 05:01:48 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien