Author Topic: Biden tries to shake hand of Marine who lost arm during Afghan withdrawal; Marine says he told Biden  (Read 199 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden tries to shake hand of Marine who lost arm during Afghan withdrawal; Marine says he told Biden ‘I don’t have an arm’
Marine Sergeant Tyler Vargas-Andrews (US Congress)
AUGUST 09, 2023 TIMOTHY FRUDD

In an emotional retelling of his recovery journey, Sgt. Tyler Vargas-Andrews, a Marine injured during the disastrous U.S. evacuation from Afghanistan in 2021, shared an awkward encounter with President Joe Biden at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Vargas-Andrews lost both an arm and a leg in a suicide bombing at Kabul’s Abbey Gate, a tragic event that shocked the nation. The Marine recently opened up about his rehabilitation and his experience with the president during an appearance on “The Shawn Ryan Show.”

The heroic Marine explained how, in the midst of his recovery and while still under the influence of medication, he was presented with the opportunity to meet the president. Eager to not be incoherent for the meeting, Vargas-Andrews said, “I told them, I was like, hold all of my opioids, like hold all of my narcotics and stuff. Like I want to be coherent when I meet him.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/08/biden-tries-to-shake-hand-of-marine-who-lost-arm-during-afghan-withdrawal-marine-says-he-told-biden-i-dont-have-an-arm/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson