Author Topic: Trump: Republicans Could Learn from Democrat Unanimity  (Read 417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Republicans Could Learn from Democrat Unanimity
« on: August 05, 2023, 02:32:09 pm »
Exclusive Video — Trump: Republicans Could Learn from Democrat Unanimity

Matthew Boyle 4 Aug 2023 Bedminster, NJ
BEDMINSTER, New Jersey — Former President Donald Trump, the leading 2024 GOP presidential candidate, told Breitbart News exclusively that he is a “little surprised” that Democrat President Joe Biden only has two primary challengers and is not facing more.

Asked why others like California’s Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom or Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) or Bernie Sanders (I-VT) are not joining Democrats like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. or Marianne Williamson in running against Biden for the Democrat nomination next year, Trump said while he is somewhat surprised given Biden’s weakness, he added that Democrats “sort of unite” better than Republicans do.

“I’m a little surprised. The Democrats sort of unite—and the Republicans have to do a little bit more of that,” Trump said. “We have the Mitt Romneys of the world and we have some other people that are really not very good, frankly.”

Trump in an earlier part of the interview ripped Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) as someone who he said is a “loser” who would be beaten in a primary if the right candidate ran against him. While Republicans have some people like Romney and others that regularly break with the party, though, Trump said Democrats are extraordinarily united behind whatever their party leaders tell them to do. Trump noted Democrats hardly ever break with party leadership, often having “unanimous votes,” pointing for instance to his two impeachments where Democrats voted unanimously except one House Democrat, Rep. Jared Golden (D-ME), for them. Trump said Republicans could learn a lot from this and be better focused and “stick together the same way” Democrats do.

“They have people that do vote when they set their agenda,” Trump said. “You see these unanimous votes. They wanted to impeach me. They went to impeach me unanimously even though many of them disagreed with it—totally disagreed with it—and I ended up winning, winning twice. But they stick together. The Republicans have to stick together the same way.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/04/exclusive-video-trump-republicans-could-learn-from-democrat-unanimity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump: Republicans Could Learn from Democrat Unanimity
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 02:37:45 pm »
He is right to an extent. You don't see the term 'DINO' used very often.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 03:15:00 pm »
Trump is a team player as long as he's the captain of the team.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 03:22:45 pm »
Trump is a team player as long as he's the captain of the team.

Or the Team Owner.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 03:29:49 pm »
The guilting routine of previous DJT candidacies aren't sticking this time.

Conservatives are realizing that the so called binary decison bull shit thrown in our face previously is utter garbage.  All $'s and efforts need to be focused on getting the senate and house, and obstruct.  Have Tumpy in the White House just means the GOP gets blamed for his ultra deficit spending.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 03:32:07 pm »

Conservatives are realizing that the so called binary decison bull shit thrown in our face previously is utter garbage.  All $'s and efforts need to be focused on getting the senate and house, and obstruct.  Have Tumpy in the White House just means the GOP gets blamed for his ultra deficit spending.

Trump in the WH will be a disaster.  I agree; conservatives need the House and Senate at the federal level as well as the state level.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my county to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 03:35:08 pm »

The recent debt ceiling bill doesn't say much to Republicans being fiscal conservatives. I agree the election focus should be more on the Senate and House.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 03:51:09 pm »
Or the Team Owner.

He bankrupted the entire league (USFL) the last time he owned a team, NJ Generals.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 03:57:23 pm »
   He bankrupted the entire league (USFL) the last time he owned a team, NJ Generals.

Yeppers, he sure did!  Lived in Tampa then and went to all the Bandits games.  They were more exciting than the Culverhouse Creamsicles that played in the fall!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 03:59:04 pm »
“I’m a little surprised. The Democrats sort of unite—and the Republicans have to do a little bit more of that,” Trump said. “We have the Mitt Romneys of the world and we have some other people that are really not very good, frankly.”

Trump in an earlier part of the interview ripped Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) as someone who he said is a “loser” who would be beaten in a primary if the right candidate ran against him. While Republicans have some people like Romney and others that regularly break with the party, though, Trump said Democrats are extraordinarily united behind whatever their party leaders tell them to do.

Romney needs to be replaced, but if there is a way to flip that seat to a (D) then Trump will find it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 09:16:54 pm »
When one joins The Party, one submits to the discipline of The Party.
That means taking orders and doing as one is told, without questions.

If one expects to move up within The Party, the above rules are mandatory.