Author Topic: Woke Military Takes Confidence of Americans to 20-Year Low  (Read 156 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Woke Military Takes Confidence of Americans to 20-Year Low
« on: August 03, 2023, 05:46:39 pm »
Woke Military Takes Confidence of Americans to 20-Year Low
By Becky Noble | 2:30 PM on August 02, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

The great Rush Limbaugh said a lot of things that are timeless in their truthfulness. When it came to the military, he said two things. Number one, the primary purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. Number two, the left despises the military; they view it as nothing more than a social experiment. But President Joe Biden has accomplished one more thing. According to a recent Gallup poll, Americans’ confidence in the U.S. military is the lowest it has been in two decades. The poll was conducted from June 1 through June 22, and those polled said they are less likely to express “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of confidence in America’s fighting men and women. This poll is the latest that has shown a decline in Americans’ confidence in the military.

Since the Vietnam era, it has been a bumpy ride for the American military. From the late 1970s to the early 1980s, amid the Iran hostage crisis and the cold war with the former Soviet Union, military confidence ran between 50-58 percent. That confidence rose in general under Commander-in-Chief Ronald Reagan. There was a jump in confidence after success in the Gulf War to a record 85 percent in 1991. The last time confidence in the military was lower than the present was in 1997 at 60 percent, and immediately post-Reagan when it measured 58 percent. The period following the 9/11 terrorist attacks saw another surge and has held steady since then at around 70 percent. That number went down slightly in 2021 to 69 percent and dropped still more after Joe Biden’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2023/08/02/woke-military-takes-confidence-of-americans-to-20-year-low-n786356
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson