Author Topic: Dems In Trouble: Americans See Through ‘Bidenomics’ Lies  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dems In Trouble: Americans See Through ‘Bidenomics’ Lies
« on: August 02, 2023, 05:19:25 pm »

Dems In Trouble: Americans See Through ‘Bidenomics’ Lies
Opinion by Gage Klipper • Yesterday 6:41 PM

New polling suggests that Democrats are in for a world of hurt in 2024. As the adage goes, “it’s the economy stupid!” — and Americans’ economic outlook is bleak indeed. The administration and their media allies have waged a concerted propaganda effort to sell “Bidenomics” as something it’s not, but it turns out the American people are not as stupid as Democrats think.

A CBS News report poll released over the weekend feigned shock that “macro stats for the U.S. economy” provided “cold comfort” for many Americans. Despite GDP growth and stock gains, the average American family does not perceive much improvement to their bottom line. The most common words used to describe the economy were “uncertain” (56 percent) and “struggling” (61 percent). In contrast, only 11 percent believed the economy was “expanding.”

These findings are unsurprising, and track with Americans’ economic outlook since politicians shut down the U.S. economy during Covid. What’s more surprising — and likely more damning for Democrats — is how Americans perceive the politics of it all. Eighty percent of Americans believe Biden’s policies are “somewhat” or a “great deal” responsible for the current state of the economy. Over half of Americans have heard little to nothing about “Bidenomics,” but for those who had, roughly half said “higher inflation” and “tax increases” come to mind.

It is somewhat surprising that a majority of Americans have not heard of Bidenomics, given the push to make the nebulous economic program a campaign centerpiece. In politics, there are three types of lies — “lies, damned lies, and statistics.” The campaign believes it can distort economic reality to claim a victory for Bidenomics that doesn’t in reality exist.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/dems-in-trouble-americans-see-through-bidenomics-lies/ar-AA1eF9qq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=329961794e3549b9a8c66f2575345513&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Dems In Trouble: Americans See Through ‘Bidenomics’ Lies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 05:23:17 pm »
Yes, but will they bring their vision to the ballot box?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 05:25:51 pm »
Yes, but will they bring their vision to the ballot box?

Not if they can't afford the gas there and back.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 07:08:40 pm »
Meh

Heard  these same stories before the 2022 midterms
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 07:19:21 pm »
Dim voters don't give a damn about anything other than "What is the government  going to give to ME?"

Stupid AND selfish even looks  bad in children,never mind what passes for adults.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 10:04:24 pm »
"Yes, but will they bring their vision to the ballot box?"

Haha, good joke !