Author Topic: Rantz: Mayor’s office demanded fewer white men, military in Seattle police recruitment  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rantz: Mayor’s office demanded fewer white men, military in Seattle police recruitment
Jul 31, 2023, 5:55 PM | Updated: Aug 1, 2023, 9:57 am

Seattle Police Recruitment...
(Seattle TV)

BY JASON RANTZ
The Jason Rantz Show, 3pm-7pm on KTTH

After taking over recruitment efforts for the Seattle Police Department (SPD), Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell’s office demanded the department show fewer white men and “military bearing” in recruitment materials, according to a memo exclusively obtained by The Jason Rantz Show on KTTH. The document was seemingly destroyed and the Mayor’s office did not initially turn it over through a public disclosure request, as required by law.

Ben Dalgetty, a Digital Strategy Lead from the Mayor’s office, took control of SPD marketing efforts. In a March 2023 memo to SPD human resources staff titled “SPD Marketing More and Less,” Dalgetty asked for “less” images and videos of “officers who are white, male,” and “officers with military bearing.” In their place, Dalgetty asked for more “officers of color,” “officers of different genders,” and “officers who are younger.”

The memo was part of a larger effort to hire fewer white men, according to a source, and it may be illegal.

https://mynorthwest.com/3914010/rantz-mayors-office-demanded-fewer-white-men-military-in-seattle-police-recruitment/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson