Author Topic: US Islamic State recruiter sentenced to life in New York court  (Read 338 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US Islamic State recruiter sentenced to life in New York court

15 July, 2023
Mirsad Kandic was sentenced on Friday for her role in the jihadist group between 2013 and 2017. He helped smuggle foreign fighters and weapons for the group into Syria.

Kandic left his home in New York and traveled to Syria in 2013. (Photo by: Pictures from History/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

A Kosovo-born US man who helped supply "thousands" of recruits to the Islamic State group was sentenced to life in prison Friday for helping the extremist group, the Justice Department announced.

Mirsad Kandic, 40, was a high-ranking member of the jihadist group between 2013 and 2017, when it controlled large swathes of Iraq and Syria, the Justice Department said.

In 2013 he left his home in New York and traveled to Syria, where he joined IS, becoming a fighter in Haritan outside of Aleppo.

https://www.newarab.com/news/us-islamic-state-recruiter-sentenced-life-new-york-court
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: US Islamic State recruiter sentenced to life in New York court
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »
Terrorists should be executed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley