Author Topic: NEW: Trump calls on DeSantis to drop out of the race in order to bring the party back together  (Read 4791 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

NEW: Trump calls on DeSantis to drop out of the race in order to bring the party back together

"He could have waited and he would have been odds-on favorite for '28 but he didn't do that.

Libby Emmons
Brooklyn NY

Jul 28, 2023

President Trump and top 2024 GOP presidential contender spoke to American Sunrise on Friday morning, and when asked about Ron DeSantis' presidential campaign, he said outright that the Florida governor should "get out for the good of the party."

DeSantis, who has launched another campaign reboot after firing a substantial portion of his staff and maxing out donor contributions, is campaiging in Iowa.

"I think he has to get out for the good of the party," Trump said. "He could have waited and he would have been odds-on favorite for '28 but he didn't do that. I got him elected. If it weren't for me he wouldn't be governor, he'd be working in a law office right now or doing whatever he was going to do."

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/trump-says-ron-should-get-out-for-the-good-of-the-party?utm_campaign=64483
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

No, Donald, if we're talking about the good of the party, and the good of the country, the only person who should be dropping out of the race is you.  You are toxic, arrogant, and stupid.  You are neither good for the party nor good for the country.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Only a loser like Trump would ask such a thing. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

I hope he stays in to the bitter end and beyond - just to offer an alternative when Tumpy is found guilty and the whole sh*t show goes to pot.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Trump knows the only light at the end of the tunnel is him pardoning himself (or getting elected, dropping out and having the VP do it for him).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Only a loser like Trump would ask such a thing.

The truth is only a third place loser like DeSantis would need to be told.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I hope he stays in to the bitter end and beyond - just to offer an alternative when Tumpy is found guilty and the whole sh*t show goes to pot.

No matter what happens,  Desantis is going back to Tallahassee to finish out his political career.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

So grossly abusing the DOJ for political motives is okay with you now?  I'm frankly shocked @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Says the current leader of the party that barely squeaked out a victory against the most hated woman in politics.  Switched both the House and Senate in the midterms of 18.  Lost in 20 against a basement dwelling Alzheimer patient. Lost us the Senate in 22 with his wacky endorsements. 
   As long as the GOP hitches its star to the Trump Train we will get more of the same.

:cheerlead:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If Trump is going to clobber DeSantis anyway, as he claims, then what difference does it make if DeSantis drops out or not?  There will still be others in the primary running for the nomination, so it's not like DeSantis dropping out ends the primary and everyone instantly rallies around Trump.

Also, the unstated assumption in Trump calling on DeSantis to quit is that everyone who supports DeSantis will magically rally around Trump himself once DeSantis drops out.  And that's obviously not the case.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 07:50:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Says the current leader of the party that barely squeaked out a victory against the most hated woman in politics.  Switched both the House and Senate in the midterms of 18.  Lost in 20 against a basement dwelling Alzheimer patient. Lost us the Senate in 22 with his wacky endorsements. 
   As long as the GOP hitches its star to the Trump Train we will get more of the same.

:cheerlead:

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

So grossly abusing the DOJ for political motives is okay with you now?  I'm frankly shocked @roamer_1

Beside the point @Bigun ... When the verdict(s) comes down, presumably late summer, or even October, complete with guilty perp walk and the whole show, possibly with the Republican candidate getting shoveled off to jail to await appeal (and don't think fr a minute they won't do exactly that if
they can), with the ballots fixed, there had better be another option, or the Democrat is a shoe-in.

Good bad or indifferent aside... this is about options.

And as an aside, his persecution does nothing to assure my vote. I am not about to vote for big government on the Right, just because poor Tumpy is getting wailed on. Doesn't change a damn thing.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Interesting that Trump fear's DeSantis enough that he's asking him to drop out of the race under the premise that it would bring the party back together.  Last I checked Trump never brought the party together in the first place and grossly divided it when he ran against Cruz. The election is over a year away, yet he's asking DeSantis to drop out now.  Why?? I'd say DeSantis is more of a threat then Trump wants to let on.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

No matter what happens,  Desantis is going back to Tallahassee to finish out his political career.

Makes no difference to me... other than the top pf the ticket will be empty anyway.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Beside the point @Bigun ... When the verdict(s) comes down, presumably late summer, or even October, complete with guilty perp walk and the whole show, possibly with the Republican candidate getting shoveled off to jail to await appeal (and don't think fr a minute they won't do exactly that if
they can), with the ballots fixed, there had better be another option, or the Democrat is a shoe-in.

Good bad or indifferent aside... this is about options.

And as an aside, his persecution does nothing to assure my vote. I am not about to vote for big government on the Right, just because poor Tumpy is getting wailed on. Doesn't change a damn thing.

I'm not talking about anything other than his persecution here @roamer_1 and if what you suggest actually happens, the result is not going to be pretty!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

I'm not talking about anything other than his persecution here @roamer_1 and if what you suggest actually happens, the result is not going to be pretty!

What's going to happen?  Are you going to take up arms against the United States?

Offline roamer_1

@Bigun

Bet on it. I can see it coming from miles and miles away.

He'll get out of it eventually (on appeal), I have no doubt. But not the first go-around is deeeep in blue territory, where Democrats own the courts.

Offline roamer_1

If he had any balls he would step down and fight his fight in the courts, not jeopardizing the country.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Bet on it. I can see it coming from miles and miles away.

So can I!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

So can I!

So if it happens, and they take him down... Having a hole card would be a good idea.

Offline Kamaji

If he had any balls he would step down and fight his fight in the courts, not jeopardizing the country.

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Says the most devisive member of the elephantine party! Yeah sure Trump would love everyone to drop out so that there was only little lord Trumpy and yes no division, but also no chance in hell of retaking the Presidency. :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The truth is only a third place loser like DeSantis would need to be told.
By a first class loser?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

"I think he has to get out for the good of the party," Trump said. "He could have waited and he would have been odds-on favorite for '28 but he didn't do that. I got him elected. If it weren't for me he wouldn't be governor, he'd be working in a law office right now or doing whatever he was going to do."

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/trump-says-ron-should-get-out-for-the-good-of-the-party?utm_campaign=64483

More bloviating.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online DB

Fear is the only reason Trump would ask DeSantis to drop out before even the first debate. What does Trump know his followers don't?