Author Topic: Lockheed Martin’s new Dry Combat Submersible reaches IOC  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed Martin’s new Dry Combat Submersible reaches IOC
« on: July 27, 2023, 01:27:17 pm »
News
July 25, 2023
Lockheed Martin’s new Dry Combat Submersible reaches IOC

DCS uses a lock-in/lock-out technology enabling special forces operators to get in and out of the vehicle while submerged and undetected.

John Hill

Lockheed Martin‘s Dry Combat Submersible (DCS), which was manufactured for US Special Operations Command, has reached initial operating capability (IOC) last month, according to a recent announcement by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) on 24 July 2023.

Lockheed designed the DCS to transport a special operations team to their destination and enables personnel to arrive discreetly to their desired exit point.

The unique capability that sets the submersible apart is its lock-in/lock-out technology, which enables US special operators to get in and out of the vehicle while traversing long distances entirely submerged and undetected.

Additionally, Special Operations Forces will be safe to travel long distanced below the surface of the ocean without a wetsuit and without exposure to the elements.

https://www.naval-technology.com/news/dcs-submersible-reaches-initial-operating-capability/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:28:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lockheed Martin’s new Dry Combat Submersible reaches IOC
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 01:30:20 pm »
Under the racist Gen. Brown, white SEALS won't be allowed to be in charge of SEAL teams, will they? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson