Author Topic: Trump Vows to End Biden's War on Gas-Auto Industry  (Read 238 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Vows to End Biden's War on Gas-Auto Industry
« on: July 20, 2023, 11:58:41 pm »
Trump Vows to End Biden's War on Gas-Auto Industry
Newsmax, Jul 20, 2023

Former President Donald Trump laid out his latest presidential campaign policy agenda as related to rescuing America's auto industry from "Joe Biden's disastrous job-killing policies."

"Joe Biden is waging war on the U.S. auto-industry with a series of crippling mandates designed to force Americans into expensive electric cars — that's just what you want — even as thousands of electric cars are piling up on car lots all unsold," Trump said in an Agenda47 policy video shared on Rumble. "This ridiculous Green New Deal crusade is causing car prices to skyrocket while setting the stage for the destruction of American auto production."

Trump also made a call for the United Auto Workers union, which endorsed Biden in 2020, but might be regretting that, according to the former president.

[...]

Trump vowed a Day 1 priority to end President Joe Biden and the Democrats' Green New Deal priorities.

"If Biden's assault is not stopped, American auto-production will be totally dead," Trump added. "That's why I am going to terminate these Green New Deal atrocities on Day 1.

"In my first term, I fought for autoworkers like never before, canceling TPP [Trans-Pacific Partnership], which was a disaster, ending the NAFTA nightmare — the NAFTA trade deal was the worst deal ever negotiated on trade — and renegotiating Obama's horrendous Korea trade deal. Made it a great deal from a horrible deal."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/donald-trump-agenda-auto-industry/2023/07/20/id/1127882/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Vows to End Biden's War on Gas-Auto Industry
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 12:01:16 am »
"Agenda47: Rescuing America’s Auto Industry from Joe Biden’s Disastrous Job-Killing Policies”. (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v2ykvz0/?pub=4

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump Vows to End Biden's War on Gas-Auto Industry
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 06:36:20 am »
Hard to argue with that. The whole GND/EV agenda is disastrous, and could result in the former "Arsenal of Democracy" not being able to arm itself with the basic transport essential to logistics, not to mention the tools needed to fight.

It was our manufacturing capability that won WWII, along with the sacrifices of millions of troops and folks on the home front. But without that manufacturing, the efforts of the troops would have been moot. Keep in mind that the entire focus of 'Bomber Harris' and the RAF and our 8th Air Force and 20th Air Force was to strategically destroy the ability of the Axis powers to manufacture the tools of war from the air, and the seriousness of the dismantling of industries which could be of strategic importance in any protracted conflict becomes apparent. Yet we have been systematically dismantling American Manufacturing capabilities for decades.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis