Author Topic: The seven Senate seats most likely to flip party control in the 2024 elections  (Read 460 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The seven Senate seats most likely to flip party control in the 2024 elections
by David Mark, Managing Editor - Magazine |
July 14, 2023 01:18 PM

Senate Democrats face strong headwinds trying to hold the majority in the 2024 elections. With a slim 51-49 edge, the Senate campaign map puts Democrats largely on the defensive, with particularly tough political sledding in Montana, Ohio, and West Virginia. Each are states where, in 2020, former President Donald Trump beat President Joe Biden by margins ranging from comfortable to overwhelming.

Still, the Trump era of politics has demonstrated the unexpected can and will happen. More than 15 months out from the 2024 elections, Trump looks like the favorite in the 2024 field to nab the GOP nomination and again run against Biden. So, that would have all kinds of unanticipated effects on down-ballot races.

Ahead of the 2024 primary season, here are the seven Senate races most likely to change parties. It's a number chosen because at this point they're the most competitive, to varying degrees.

Senate Republicans need two seats to win the majority if Biden is reelected. Or, should Trump or another Republican win the presidency in 2024, the party only needs a single-seat pickup, with the GOP vice president breaking ties. As Biden’s understudy, Vice President Kamala Harris has done so numerous times since taking office on Jan. 20, 2021.

Several Senate races could still develop into competitive contests, including swing states that will be top presidential candidates. But for now, in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Democrats have the upper hand. Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) is a favorite in the Wolverine State, where her party has had strong electoral success from 2018 on. In Pennsylvania, Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) will be a Republican target. But he’s proven a reliable Keystone State vote-getter and is in good shape to win another six-year term for the Senate seat he first captured in 2006. Both race rankings could shift to the more competitive column.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate-seats-2024-elections-montana-ohio-west-virginia-texas-nevada
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does this  take into consideration all the Californian fools that have moved to Nevada and Arizona,who  will almost certainly vote for the most left-wing dingbat they can find on the ballots?

They may have been forced to leave Ca behind,but they didn't leave the mindset behind.

They did this same thing years ago when they moved to Colorado to escape the illegals they celebrated that came into Ca. They moved there and celebrated how much they liked the change,and the next thing they did was cast votes to make Colorado just like Ca,and the big cities in Colorado were already full of left-wing dingbats.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
AZ will be interesting. Looks like the Dems will have a split vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I am truly worried about TX.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I am to..they are bound and determined to get Cruz..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I am to..they are bound and determined to get Cruz..

Yeppers; he been on the leftists' chopping block.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Texas dems will run another Nacho against Cruz.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Texas dems will run another Nacho against Cruz.

@Wingnut

As I have written before,Cruz is not going be easy to "get".

First of all,his name is "Cruz",which links him to the His and Her Panics,so the left can't play the "ethnic/race card" against him.

Secondly,AFAIK,he has done a first-class job representing Texas. I honestly can't remember reading or hearing any  whining about his job performance from Texans.

And finally,you  debate Cruz at your own risk. He may be the smartest politician in office,and if you piss him off and he comes after you,it ain't going to be pretty because he tends to not take prisoners if you make him mad.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!