Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Border Agents Required to Move Migrants Through Texas Barriers Along Rio Grande  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Border Agents Required to Move Migrants Through Texas Barriers Along Rio Grande

74 Central American migrants in Eagle Pass. (Law Enforcement Photo)Law Enforcement Photo
RANDY CLARK13 Jul 2023214

Recent videos and photographs circulated on social media and by news outlets show Border Patrol agents opening Texas Border fence gates to take custody of migrants making landfall into the United States. One video revealed a Border Patrol agent physically cutting concertina wire installed by the state to accept the surrender of a group of migrants. A CBP source says the actions are required by law and recently enhanced by policy enacted after the 2021 Haitian Border Crisis in Del Rio.

According to a source within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, a policy measure implemented after members of the Border Patrol Mounted Horse Unit were falsely accused of whipping Haitian Migrants in Del Rio further limited the Border Patrol’s ability to arrest migrants in certain dangerous environments. The memo limited the agent’s ability to conduct arrests in waterways or on border fences. Breitbart Texas received and reviewed a copy of the 2021 memo authored by Tony L. Barker, acting chief of the Law Enforcement Directorate for the Border Patrol.

The policy memorandum forbids Border Patrol agents from forcing migrants to return to Mexico once on United States soil. The memorandum reads, “BPA’s will not force or guide individuals back into waterways or unsafe environments.”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/07/13/exclusive-border-agents-required-to-move-migrants-through-texas-barriers-along-rio-grande/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson