Author Topic: Adams blames media’s crime coverage following new poll about personal safety concerns  (Read 237 times)

Online Kamaji

NYC Mayor Eric Adams blames media’s crime coverage following new poll about personal safety concerns

By Bernadette Hogan
July 12, 2023

Mayor Eric Adams used a new TV interview to downplay a recent poll revealing New Yorkers are still concerned about crime — and blamed the media for the latest numbers.

“Let’s think about it for a moment, how do they [New Yorkers] start their day? They start their day picking up the news, the morning papers, they sit down and they see some of the most horrific events that may happen throughout the previous day,” a defensive Adams argued during a Fox 5 television interview Wednesday morning.

“Plays on your psyche!” he added.

Rosanna Scotto, the morning anchor replied, “But unfortunately, we just report on things that actually happen.”

A new Siena College poll revealed that 41% of New York State residents have “never” been as concerned about their personal safety as they are now – while a shocking 87% responded that crime is a very or somewhat serious problem in New York State and New York City.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/12/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-blames-medias-crime-coverage-following-new-poll-that-residents-remain-concerned-about-personal-safety/

Online Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So, there is no crime if the media doesn't report it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

So, there is no crime if the media doesn't report it.

Apparently, according to hizzoner.