Author Topic: Disney theme parks surprisingly empty this summer as ticket prices remain high  (Read 453 times)

Offline Kamaji

Disney theme parks surprisingly empty this summer as ticket prices remain high

By Ariel Zilber
July 10, 2023

Walt Disney World and Disneyland have seen significantly shorter wait times to get on rides — a sign that visitors are staying away this summer as the Mouse House struggles to attract guests apparently put off by the exorbitant ticket prices, according to a report.

Data from the analysis firm Touring Plans shows that smaller crowds have descended on The Walt Disney Company’s US-based theme parks as well as its competitors, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The thinning traffic is bad news for the entertainment giant, which is in the midst of a $5.5 billion cost-cutting spree that has resulted in layoffs across its divisions, including sports cable empire ESPN.

Touring Plans, which measures wait times through information posted by Disney parks on their mobile apps, compiled data comparing the average wait times for rides at the four Walt Disney World parks in Orlando, Fla.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/disney-theme-parks-empty-this-summer-amid-high-ticket-prices/

Offline roamer_1

Get woke, go broke.

It ain't all about the ticket prices.

Offline Kamaji

Get woke, go broke.

It ain't all about the ticket prices.

I agree.  I'm sure that the economic headwinds are causing some people to forego Disney on price, but I'm also certain that there are others choosing to forego Disney for its obnoxious anti-child politics.  Hopefully, these people are discovering that there are still some of the smaller, older parks around, and that those parks are, in many instances, better suited for younger children.

Offline roamer_1

I agree.  I'm sure that the economic headwinds are causing some people to forego Disney on price, but I'm also certain that there are others choosing to forego Disney for its obnoxious anti-child politics.  Hopefully, these people are discovering that there are still some of the smaller, older parks around, and that those parks are, in many instances, better suited for younger children.

To be sure... Universal is buried... Branson is buried. I read an article a couple weeks ago that said other parks in Florida are doing great (as compared to previous year, as these things are initially tallied).

Disney is in trouble.

Offline Kamaji

To be sure... Universal is buried... Branson is buried. I read an article a couple weeks ago that said other parks in Florida are doing great (as compared to previous year, as these things are initially tallied).

Disney is in trouble.

I'm thinking even smaller and more regional, like Dutch Wonderland, which we went to one year when our daughter was little because Hershey Park was too big and scary for her.

Offline Polly Ticks

We went to Holiday World (which used to be called Santa Claus Land) in Santa Claus, IN, a couple of weekends ago.  it was doing good business, for sure. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

The whole concept of the Disney corporation was family focused. Films families can enjoy. Theme parks were families around the world can come and enjoy

They are paying the price for straying from that concept
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

The whole concept of the Disney corporation was family focused. Films families can enjoy. Theme parks were families around the world can come and enjoy

They are paying the price for straying from that concept

That's right. They have abused a trust that ran very deep. You don't get that back.

Like Target... The main customer that Target was serving were mothers, whether they know it or not. Why would a mother drag her kids through a store with gay crap everywhere? Would she suffer a place where she can't even safely take her kids into the women's bathroom?

Disney is the very same thing, only way, way worse. How many mothers shoved a Disney movie into the VCR to enthrall her children (all of them) so she could get things done? She didn't have to know the show... It's Disney - It's fine!

I don't think they have that trust anymore. And without it... eventually nothing. It is what they built their empire upon. That very trust. To use it to indoctrinate children is a terrible peril. A trust that deep being broken is unlikely to be regained.

And that is why they are dying, across the board.

Offline cato potatoe

Universal is opening a new park in Orlando, in addition to their other three parks and eight resorts.  Disney is caught up in a woke vortex.  They simply don't have the resources to subsidize their failures and still compete with Universal.

Offline roamer_1

Universal is opening a new park in Orlando, in addition to their other three parks and eight resorts.  Disney is caught up in a woke vortex.  They simply don't have the resources to subsidize their failures and still compete with Universal.

AND they'll have a court appointed fortune to pay to Comcast at the end of the year in order to buy Comcast out of Hulu... Many billions that I don't think they have anymore.