Author Topic: Chris Christie Mocks Trump: ‘He’s Never Run Against Somebody from New Jersey’  (Read 188 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie Mocks Trump: ‘He’s Never Run Against Somebody from New Jersey’

Hannah Bleau 6 Jul 2023

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie believes he is the man to match former President Donald Trump in the Republican primary field, asserting that the former president has “never run against somebody from New Jersey who understands what the New York thing is” and declaring that Trump “knows” that Christie is aware of “what his game is.”

Speaking to the New York Times, Christie, who was head of his state during the “BridgeGate” scandal, told the outlet that Trump is one of the “most unskilled politicians I’ve ever met.”

“I don’t think he’s ever gone up against somebody who knows how to do what he does. He’s never run against somebody from New Jersey who understands what the New York thing is and what he’s all about,” Christie said.

“For people like me, who’ve grown up here and lived my whole life in this atmosphere, he’s just one of a lot of people I know who have that personality. He knows I know what his game is,” Christie warned.

Christie’s tough guy persona, however, has not appeared to resonate with voters thus far. The latest Morning Consult survey, for instance, found Christie boasting the highest unfavorable rating among all the GOP candidates. Forty-six percent of Republican primary voters have an unfavorable view of the former governor. Further, he garners just two percent support, compared to Trump’s 57 percent in the crowded field.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/06/chris-christie-mocks-trump-hes-never-run-against-somebody-new-jersey/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Whatever, Christie.

Offline mountaineer

Tough talk from a pile of goo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Jackasses like Christie and the Rats think mocking and ridicule are like some ultimate superweapon against your enemy. Problem is Christie is a joke and creampuff, and him mocking anyone is like a prostitute calling some other woman dong the walk of shame at 7 am a ho.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
IIRC Christie ran against Trump in '16 and got his butt handed to him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.