Author Topic: Ben & Jerry's: "The US Was Founded on Stolen Indigenous Land. Let's commit to returning it."  (Read 1250 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ah, the Fourth of July. Who doesn't love a good parade, some tasty barbecue, and a stirring fireworks display? The only problem with all that, though, is that it can distract from an essential truth about this nation’s birth: The US was founded on stolen Indigenous land.

This year, let’s commit to returning it.

Here’s why we need to start with Mount Rushmore.

https://www.benjerry.com/whats-new/2023/07/stolen-indigenous-land
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
These people would leave Americans homeless, without rights and freedoms, under the tyranny of tribal reservations completely unbound by any oversight and rife with corruption.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does this mean these posers are going to give up  their ice cream business as well as every other piece of property they own?

Will their children also give up any property they own,as well as any inheritance money?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 02:07:53 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Offline Hoodat

Ben & Jerry's is based in the whitest State in the US.  Sure not seeing them willing to give up a square inch of Vermont.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Who exactly do we return this stolen land to?

In my neck of the woods for example, the Ojibway stole the land from the Sioux. Do we return Northern Minn and Wisc to the Ojibway or the Sioux?

Ben and Jerry's is just virtue signaling here.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, my ancestors bought the land from both the Nanticoke and the Powhatan, who were fighting over it when my ancestors got here.

We stole nothing, and stopped a war.

Kiss my ass Ben and Jerry's, I'll never use your products if you put out sh*t.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

David Hookstead
@dhookstead

The scumbags at Ben & Jerry's spent the 4th of July trashing America. Why worry about China when American companies will gladly share anti-American propaganda? Disgusting and shameful. Never apologize for loving America!
Ben & Jerry’s – An Ice Cream Company – Spent The 4th Of July Trashing America
by David Hookstead
 July 5, 2023

Ben & Jerry’s didn’t spend the 4th of July celebrating the USA for being the best country on the planet.

Patriots around the country came together Tuesday to celebrate the birth of the greatest nation the world has ever seen. A nation that is fiercely independent, free and a force for good. Well, Ben & Jerry’s simply couldn’t get involved in that.

Instead, the ice cream company spent Independence Day sharing social media posts about how America exists on stolen land.

“This 4th of July, it’s high time we recognize that the US exists on stolen Indigenous land and commit to returning it,” the ice cream company wrote on Instagram with a series of politically-charged photos.

To put it simply: Ben & Jerry’s wants to give American land back and apparently re-draw our borders to the 1700s. ...
More at Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Classic Marxist agit prop. Find some original sin and demand full corrective measures where the opposition target must completely give up everything.

Except they never give up anything, then rush in to fill the power vacuum you just left.

You first B+J's. Put some skin in the game, lead by example.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let's start by giving the State of Vermont back to Native Americans.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Let's say we did give rushmore back, how would they deal with the sculptures?

Offline Kamaji

Let's say we did give rushmore back, how would they deal with the sculptures?

Probably blow them off the mountain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Probably blow them off the mountain.

So that would be an improvement somehow?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nolte: Looks Like Ben & Jerry’s HQ Sits on Land Stolen from Indians

John Nolte 5 Jul 2023

The insufferable left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry have a headquarters that sits on land that was almost certainly stolen from the Indians.

This glorious news comes one day after — on the 4th of July — the insufferable left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry decided to troll America–the most tolerant country in world history–with a nonsense press release headlined: “The US Was Founded on Stolen Indigenous Land—This July 4, Let’s Commit to Returning It.”

The left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry then suggest, “Here’s why we need to start with Mount Rushmore.” The release goes on to whine about how what is now Mount Rushmore was stolen from the Sioux, undoubtedly by the same federal government Ben & Jerry would like to see control everyone’s life.

Well, according to a couple of sources, I’d like to amend that press release to say, “Here’s why we need to start with Ben & Jerry’s Vermont headquarters.”

Because guess what? The left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry likely built their own headquarters on land stolen from the Indians:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/05/nolte-looks-like-ben-jerrys-hq-sits-on-land-stolen-from-indians/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So that would be an improvement somehow?

I suppose it depends on one's perspective.

Offline Kamaji

Nolte: Looks Like Ben & Jerry’s HQ Sits on Land Stolen from Indians

John Nolte 5 Jul 2023

The insufferable left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry have a headquarters that sits on land that was almost certainly stolen from the Indians.

This glorious news comes one day after — on the 4th of July — the insufferable left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry decided to troll America–the most tolerant country in world history–with a nonsense press release headlined: “The US Was Founded on Stolen Indigenous Land—This July 4, Let’s Commit to Returning It.”

The left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry then suggest, “Here’s why we need to start with Mount Rushmore.” The release goes on to whine about how what is now Mount Rushmore was stolen from the Sioux, undoubtedly by the same federal government Ben & Jerry would like to see control everyone’s life.

Well, according to a couple of sources, I’d like to amend that press release to say, “Here’s why we need to start with Ben & Jerry’s Vermont headquarters.”

Because guess what? The left-wing fascists and antisemites known as Ben & Jerry likely built their own headquarters on land stolen from the Indians:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/05/nolte-looks-like-ben-jerrys-hq-sits-on-land-stolen-from-indians/

We have concluded that your company’s occupation of the Abenaki lands is illegal and we believe it is wholly inconsistent with the stated values that Ben & Jerry’s purports to maintain. Ironically, in July of the last year you announced that you would discontinue the sale of your products in Israel because you object to the Jewish State allegedly occupying Palestinian territories. … Ben and Jerry’s has never even offered to provide compensation to this indigenous nation in Vermont. … Justice, morality and boycotts are not just slogans and antisemitic weapons for your food company to point at the Jewish community in Israel. Justice and morality must begin at home.

That’s part of a letter to Ben & Jerry from more than a thousand Israeli students and academics associated with Students for Justice in America. The letter goes on to demand that the left-wing imperialists known as Ben & Jerry immediately vacate the stolen land “it occupies” in South Burlington, Waterbury, and Saint Albans and return that stolen land to “the Abenaki people.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberals from Cori Bush to Ben & Jerry's attack US on July 4th: 'Stolen land,' 'gleeful white supremacist'
'Today is a great day to demand reparations now,' Rep. Cori Bush tweeted.
By Kristine Parks | Fox News

While the rest of the nation was celebrating America's Independence Day, some on the far-left condemned the holiday celebrating freedom as a symbol of oppression.

Progressive activist Bree Newsome Bass, who garnered national attention when she removed the Confederate flag in front of a monument at the South Carolina statehouse in 2015, sent several tweets criticizing America.

"Americans’ false belief that this country has been on a steady progression toward granting equal rights to all since its founding is exactly what inspires complacency in this hour as the Supreme Court replaces the constitution with themselves," she tweeted.

She also attacked those waving the American flag on 4th of July as white supremacists.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberals-cori-bush-ben-jerrys-attack-us-july-4th-stolen-land-gleeful-white-supremacists
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Liberals from Cori Bush to Ben & Jerry's attack US on July 4th: 'Stolen land,' 'gleeful white supremacist'
'Today is a great day to demand reparations now,' Rep. Cori Bush tweeted.
By Kristine Parks | Fox News

While the rest of the nation was celebrating America's Independence Day, some on the far-left condemned the holiday celebrating freedom as a symbol of oppression.

Progressive activist Bree Newsome Bass, who garnered national attention when she removed the Confederate flag in front of a monument at the South Carolina statehouse in 2015, sent several tweets criticizing America.

"Americans’ false belief that this country has been on a steady progression toward granting equal rights to all since its founding is exactly what inspires complacency in this hour as the Supreme Court replaces the constitution with themselves," she tweeted.

She also attacked those waving the American flag on 4th of July as white supremacists.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberals-cori-bush-ben-jerrys-attack-us-july-4th-stolen-land-gleeful-white-supremacists

These people are stupid, they are toxic, and they are dangerous.

Offline Kamaji

Unilever stock loses $2.5B amid calls to boycott Ben & Jerry’s over tweet

By Ariel Zilber
July 6, 2023

Ben & Jerry’s parent company has lost roughly $2.5 billion in market cap amid calls to boycott the Vermont-based ice cream maker over a July 4 tweet condemning the US for existing on “stolen Indigenous land.”

Shares of Unilever, the Anglo-Dutch multinational firm, slid as much as 1% at Thursday’s opening bell after closing down .5% the previous day.

The company’s stock price has fallen to roughly $51 after closing at $52.28 during Monday’s shortened trading — and the day before Ben & Jerry’s posted its unpatriotic tweet.

The result has seen its market cap drop to $131 billion from the roughly $133.5 billion on Monday.

Ben & Jerry’s, which was acquired by Unilever but whose board remains independent in voicing its views on political issues, said the July 4 celebrations can “distract from an essential truth about this nation’s birth.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/06/ben-jerrys-boycott-calls-unilever-stock-falls/

Online mountaineer

Wait, these commies are protesting FOR Assange's release?
Ford Fischer
@FordFischer
VIDEO THREAD: Ben Cohen @YoBenCohen of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and @MsJodieEvans of @codepink were arrested this afternoon by Homeland Security officers as they sat in front of the Department of Justice HQ in DC to protest for the release of @wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1677039293473210370
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Have any of these woke idiots learned anything from what's happening to Bud Light?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline andy58-in-nh

When is Ben going to turn his mansion over to the Abenaki tribe?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn