Author Topic: JUST IN: Marine Corps Faces Command, Control Challenges at Sea  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Marine Corps Faces Command, Control Challenges at Sea
6/28/2023
By Sean Carberry   

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Marine Corps maritime expeditionary warfare capability is critical to operating in the Indo-Pacific — and as much as the right ships are needed for successful operations — technology gaps in command-and-control systems at sea might be the immediate vulnerability, officials said.

“There's nobody else in the world that can do maritime expeditionary warfare like we do,” Shon Brodie, director of the Marine Corps’ Maritime Expeditionary Warfare Division, said at the Modern Day Marine conference June 28. “We build some of the finest ships capable of those things in the world and probably in the history of the world. But we have an adversary that's gaining on us in that particular area of advantage.”

In particular, afloat combat command, control, communications, computers and intelligence, or AC5I, modernization is not keeping pace with advances in technology, he said.

Scott Cook, afloat C5I branch head for the Maritime Expeditionary Warfare Division, said once the platform, access and tools are in place for expeditionary warfare, a commander needs to be able to coordinate the activities, and that requires networking the force.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/6/28/maritime-expeditionary-warfare-needs-better-comms
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: JUST IN: Marine Corps Faces Command, Control Challenges at Sea
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 05:09:10 pm »
What is the big problem?  Just put any trannie, gay, junkie, or person of color (including illegal aliens) in charge.  White males, of course, are excluded since the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs doesn't believe they should be any higher than junior officers. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson