Author Topic: Why (Almost) No One Wants to Join the U.S. Army  (Read 382 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why (Almost) No One Wants to Join the U.S. Army
« on: June 30, 2023, 04:54:45 pm »
Why (Almost) No One Wants to Join the U.S. Army
Story by Kris Osborn • Yesterday 3:24 PM

Speculation about the U.S. Army’s recruiting challenges revolves around a number of disconnected factors, including the economy, the availability of information about the challenges of military life, recruits’ inability to meet minimum standards, low morale, or the simple fact that the U.S. military is no longer engaged in active conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The challenge is real. Statistics show that the Army fell 15,000 soldiers short of its recruiting goal during this last fiscal year, and more struggles are anticipated this year.

Regardless of the variables contributing to the equation, there is no question that the military is struggling to add new recruits. In trying to understand why, there are several simple things to consider.

A War on the Rocks essay gives a few reasons why the recruiting equation might not be as dire as some think. The essay points out that the economy is a huge factor. With unemployment low and a large range of available jobs, there are fewer people looking for a new life path. The essay also makes the point that recruiting has decreased since the U.S. military left Afghanistan, suggesting that military service may seem less compelling when the U.S. is not immersed in an active conflict.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-almost-no-one-wants-to-join-the-u-s-army/ar-AA1de5eM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b4b5cc55f8fe424d8550d004b308eaef&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Why (Almost) No One Wants to Join the U.S. Army
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 04:57:03 pm »
Why is it so hard to admit/believe that the people most likely to want to enlist are not fans of wokeness?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 05:02:30 pm »
Well...

They discharged and/or penalized people who didn't want the clot shot.

They don't want masculine men as that's now considered "toxic", especially if they are white.

It is patriotic conservative leaning people who tend to join the military to defend their country. Those people are now considered the biggest threat to "democracy" according to top government officials.

So now they have what's left...

It could well be their goal to destroy the military from within because they failed to do it from without.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 05:23:00 pm »
I would not recommend to anyone to join the U.S. Military today with any branch.
The Military can be the greatest thing in a person's life. But, there is downside.
If for whatever reason you wind up with a Dishonorable discharge, it will stay with you for life.
And today, as a White Christian Patriotic Male the odds of being discharged are quite high.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 05:50:51 pm »
Why is it so hard to admit/believe that the people most likely to want to enlist are not fans of wokeness?

Who was the last Dem President more likely to have the Army's back than to stab the Army in the back? JFK? Truman? LBJ tried to micro-manage Vietnam and imposed stupid ROE. Carter sent Army people into Iran on a rescue mission attempt using poorly maintained helos. Clinton? Too busy doing interns and feeling up staff to give a @#$%. OhBummer!? :silly: LIEden? Hello? ... Hello? ... Is anybody home?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »
BowTiedRanger
@BowTiedRanger

You’ve spent 15 years enlisted in the military.
You’ve been on 8 combat tours, have a few KIA bracelets on your wrists, & you missed your 2nd child’s birth because you were overseas.
In walks your new commander, Major “Rachel” Jones.

https://twitter.com/BowTiedRanger/status/1675280525668360194
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 05:51:35 pm »
BowTiedRanger
@BowTiedRanger

You’ve spent 15 years enlisted in the military.
You’ve been on 8 combat tours, have a few KIA bracelets on your wrists, & you missed your 2nd child’s birth because you were overseas.
In walks your new commander, Major “Rachel” Jones.

https://twitter.com/BowTiedRanger/status/1675280525668360194

:facepalm2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2023, 06:02:12 pm »
I wouldn't join today and fully understand why most others won't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien