Author Topic: RFK Jr: Affirmative Action Undoes the ‘Effects of Racist Policies’  (Read 1028 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr: Affirmative Action Undoes the ‘Effects of Racist Policies’

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 29 Jun 2023

Democrat presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Affirmative Action undoes the “effects of racist policies going back centuries” in response to the Supreme Court’s decision that determined racial preferences in college admissions violate the Constitution.

“Regarding the Supreme Court banning affirmative action in higher ed — I know many Americans feel that purely race-based decisions are unfair,” Kennedy tweeted. “However, this feeling misses important context. The effects of racist policies going back centuries are now self-perpetuating.”

“Affirmative action understands this and uses race-based policies to undo the effects of racist policies,” he added.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1674527845652000771

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/29/rfk-jr-affirmative-action-undoes-the-effects-of-racist-policies/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:13:33 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dave Rubin
@RubinReport
Respectfully Robert, and maybe this is why you’re still a Democrat, but you don’t solve past racism with current racism. Why would you want a second generation Asian kid who busts his ass, whose parents came here with nothing and worked hard to be discriminated against?
4:41 PM · Jun 29, 2023
·

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Dave Rubin
@RubinReport
Respectfully Robert, and maybe this is why you’re still a Democrat, but you don’t solve past racism with current racism. Why would you want a second generation Asian kid who busts his ass, whose parents came here with nothing and worked hard to be discriminated against?
4:41 PM · Jun 29, 2023
·

They blew it excluding Asian kids. You can't do the whole 'white man's oppressin' me' with people who fled communism and poverty to come here and succeed, and was never part of slavery or Jim Crow.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Whether or not Affirmative Action is a "good idea" is irrelevant.  The Constitution mandates equal protection of the laws -- not equality or fairness of outcome or results.  You can't violate the clear text of the 14th Amendment just to make things more "fair".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This country will not be improved selecting policymakers and leaders of government, business, industry, or the sciences on a basis of sexual habits or superficial characteristics.

Only advancement based on merit is the ticket to the country advancing as a whole.
Anything less is less.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Only advancement based on merit is the ticket to the country advancing as a whole.
Anything less is less.

Re-posted for emphasis.  :beer:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
RFK Jr... still a democrat no matter how much lipstick you put on him.

Do I expect Harvard to start being more fair in it's admissions, nope, they will keep doing what they do without retribution.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:30:00 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

RFK Jr: Affirmative Action Undoes the ‘Effects of Racist Policies’

Affirmative Action IS a racist policy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

You don't cure alcoholism by staying drunk, and you don't cure racism by engaging in more racism.

Offline kevindavis007

So why does MAGA like RFK Jr....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Hoodat

Because he's a Democrat like Trump?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
AA IS racist politics,you lump of coal!

Buy  'em books and send them to school,and they are STILL a freaking  Kennedy!

Their father was supposed to have been pretty damn sharp,so just HOW freaking retarded WAS their mother?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:22:41 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"...uses race-based policies to undo the effects of racist policies..."
Racism by another name is still racism.  AA shifts the impacts and effects to others, innocent others to somehow atone for that which they had/have nothing to do with.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

"...uses race-based policies to undo the effects of racist policies..."
Racism by another name is still racism.  AA shifts the impacts and effects to others, innocent others to somehow atone for that which they had/have nothing to do with.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

Many of them were suggesting he’d be a good VP for Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Many of them were suggesting he’d be a good VP for Trump

@LMAO

BullBush!

I never once saw any Trump supporter here suggesting that RFK would be a good running mate for Trump.

Put up or shut up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

@LMAO

BullBush!

I never once saw any Trump supporter here suggesting that RFK would be a good running mate for Trump.

Put up or shut up.

Well, for starters, I never stated any poster here wanted that. And I will acknowledge that the use of the term “many” might be a little unfair.

But there are Trump supporters who have suggested it. And you asked me to put up or shut up. Well, here’s but one example

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-bannon-robert-f-kennedy-jr-donald-trump-running-mate-2024-1796369?amp=1

I anticipate your counterpoint will be something about Ron Dedederonron, or something about Trump being orange or rude, or rich.

But I’m sure it will include one of your many strawmans

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:11:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

But there are Trump supporters who have suggested it. And you asked me to put up or shut up. Well, here’s but one example

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-bannon-robert-f-kennedy-jr-donald-trump-running-mate-2024-1796369?amp=1

Two Democrats on the same ticket.  Way to go, Steve.