Author Topic: Air Force to phase out bonuses for airmen in 33 tough jobs  (Read 389 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force to phase out bonuses for airmen in 33 tough jobs
« on: June 29, 2023, 06:03:00 pm »
Air Force to phase out bonuses for airmen in 33 tough jobs
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Jun 28, 06:08 PM

Airmen in more than 100 of the Air Force’s most challenging and crucial jobs will receive bonus pay in fiscal 2024, but the service is preparing to phase out nearly one-third of those fields from the incentive program.

It’s the latest move in a plan to reshape the special duty assignment pay program to reward a new set of specialties, like recruiting, while limiting the number of airmen who earn those benefits.

Seventy career fields will be eligible for payments ranging from $75 to $450 a month, depending on the job’s duties, responsibilities and training, starting Oct. 1, the service said in a June 23 release. That dropped from 99 the year before, and now includes four careers that weren’t previously on the list.

The service declined to provide the list of jobs that will qualify for special duty assignment pay, but the 121-page chart is available on the Air Force intranet.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/06/28/air-force-to-phase-out-bonuses-for-airmen-in-33-tough-jobs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force to phase out bonuses for airmen in 33 tough jobs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 06:04:48 pm »
It may hurt retention but will, undoubtedly, be made up for in their fine recruiting. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 12:09:34 am »
THAT seems like a really  clever move!

They can use the money saved to promote some senior Colonels to General Officer ranks,and still have enough  money left over for office space and staffing.

Smart Move,USAF!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 03:25:49 am »
THAT seems like a really  clever move!

They can use the money saved to promote some senior Colonels to General Officer ranks,and still have enough  money left over for office space and staffing.

Smart Move,USAF!
Not to mention the decorations for pride month.... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 04:12:11 am »
Not to mention the decorations for pride month.... **nononono*

Now they can afford to do more surgery on their transgender members.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....