Author Topic: Paul Ryan: ‘It Is a Disaster if We Nominate Trump,’ ‘He Could Win’  (Read 232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan: ‘It Is a Disaster if We Nominate Trump,’ ‘He Could Win’

Pam Key 28 Jun 2023

Former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) said Wednesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” that it would be a “disaster” if the Republican Party nominated former President Donald Trump in 2024 and “dangerous” if he wins, which would be possible.

Discussing Trump Tuesday night at the Aspen Ideas Festival, former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said, “It’s really important for Democrats to take him seriously. There can be a tendency for people on the Democratic side to say, ‘Well, look, sure, the Republicans will nominee hm the Republicans are a mess but we’ll be able to beat him in a general. And that is playing with fire. It’s a risk we can’t take. So I think it’s really important for everyone to look at the treat that he posses outside of party ideology. it’s something we got to take very seriously and stand against.”

Host Joe Kernen said, “Talk about who the Trump and who the Republicans can run.”

Ryan said, “It is a disaster if we nominate Trump. You know I think that, I have been saying that for a long time. But Liz in right which is, that he could win. I think we lose with him. I think we are much more likely to loose. We haven’t won with him since he first won in 16. We lost the House in ’18, the presidency in ’20, the Senate in ’20 and we could have won the Senate in 2022 but for him.”

He continued, “I’m for anybody not named Trump right now.”

Ryan added, “I’m a never again Trumper so obviously the 33 % base doesn’t like a person like me. I’m very clear, I don’t think he’s fit and I don’t think he could win. Liz is right, he could and that is dangerous.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/28/paul-ryan-it-is-a-disaster-if-we-nominate-trump-he-could-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
if We Nominate Trump,’ ‘He Could Win’

That's the plan doofus!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

You gotta hand it to them Trumpers, this guy's career should have been over when he hitched upon the Romney star.  It took the Trump Train to kill him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

From the article...

Discussing Trump Tuesday night at the Aspen Ideas Festival, former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said, “It’s really important for Democrats to take him seriously. There can be a tendency for people on the Democratic side to say, ‘Well, look, sure, the Republicans will nominee hm the Republicans are a mess but we’ll be able to beat him in a general. And that is playing with fire. It’s a risk we can’t take. So I think it’s really important for everyone to look at the treat that he posses outside of party ideology. it’s something we got to take very seriously and stand against.”

Why is she giving election advice to the Democrats?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

So... the problem is not that Trump would lose the election and bring down the Republican Party in the process... but that he might actually win??? And then what?

Finish building the wall? Deport illegals? Get the U.S. out of stupid foreign wars?

Paul Ryan tells you everything you need to know about the Washington D.C. GOP establishment. And about their values.

My problem with Trump is that he likely cannot win where he needs to, given the endemic corruption of the American electoral process. And because of his own maddening lack of discipline.

But I still like much of his agenda because it would seek to reverse the Progressive onslaught.

Apparently, Paul Ryan and Liz Cheney think that would be a disaster.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

From the article...

Why is she giving election advice to the Democrats?

Because she's a crypto-democrat.