Author Topic: Air Force won’t meet its recruitment goal, but the secretary isn’t worried  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force won’t meet its recruitment goal, but the secretary isn’t worried
BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON MILITARY LIFE -
TASK & PURPOSE
UPDATED JUNE 25, 2023 3:10 AM

The U.S. Air Force admits that it is struggling to meet its recruitment goals, but its leader isn't panicking. Instead, Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall said the service is working on ways to "manage" the shortfall, and make service more flexible and appealing on the job market.

"We have things that we can do to manage our way through this, so we're not in any kind of crisis," Kendall said at an event hosted by the Center for New American Security on Thursday, June 22, per Air & Space Forces Magazine.

Currently the Air Force, like other service branches, is falling short of its recruitment goals for this fiscal year. In April the Air Force said it will be 27,000 recruits short, or 10 percent below its goal. The Air National Guard also expects to miss its target by 4,000.

However, Kendall said the recruiting troubles would not dramatically impact the Air Force's operations or readiness.

Read more at: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/living/military-life/article276733211.html#storylink=cpy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
However, Kendall said the recruiting troubles would not dramatically impact the Air Force's operations or readiness.

You can read that a couple of ways, and one of them is scary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis