Author Topic: Christian university offered a course on 'The Queer Art of Drag'  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Christian university offered a course on 'The Queer Art of Drag'
Students met drag performers, created a persona to make virtual dance
WND News Services   By WND News Services
Published June 24, 2023 at 1:00pm

Mia Hernandez
Daily Caller News Foundation

Texas Christian University (TCU) offered a course on drag during the 2023 spring semester, according to the syllabus.

Students in the course, titled “The Queer Art of Drag,” met with drag performers and created a “drag persona” to “create a virtual drag performance” shared during TCU’s Annual Night of Drag, according to the syllabus. The course is funded by an Inclusive Excellence Grant from the university’s Office of Diversity & Inclusion.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND's Email News Alerts!

“Drag is an art form with a rich history of challenging dominant norms and systems of oppression; building queer community; and cultivating experiences of queer joy in a hostile world; but drag has also been deployed in service of violent ideologies and can sometimes participate in harmful normative logics,” the syllabus reads.

https://www.wnd.com/2023/06/christian-university-offered-course-queer-art-drag/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Christian university offered a course on 'The Queer Art of Drag'
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 10:06:24 pm »
Anyone believing TCU is a Christian school just because of its name probably shouldn't be considered a critical thinker.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org