Author Topic: DeSantis fundraiser is hosted by lobbyist for Moderna, company that makes puberty blockers, AND a ..  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis fundraiser is hosted by lobbyist for Moderna, company that makes puberty blockers, AND a sanctioned Chinese firm: Florida governor is accused of hypocrisy for $1,000-a-place DC event
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 23, 2023

A lobbyist for vaccine manufacturer Moderna and for the maker of a leading puberty blocker given to transgender children is holding a fundraising event for Ron DeSantis in Washington D.C. this month.

It puts the Florida governor in an awkward position as he tries to ride anti-vaxxer sentiment and his record restricting gender-affirming treatment all the way to the White House.

One of the hosts is Marc Lampkin, a partner at the firm, who has been on the wrong side of a host of DeSantis or Republican red button issues.

He has been registered as a lobbyist for Moderna, manufacturer of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine, since February 2021.

Filings show he is also registered for AbbVie, maker of puberty blocker Lupron, since 2014. The drug was given to trans children in Florida to pause puberty, but its use is now in doubt since DeSantis signed a bill banning the use of such drugs for new patients under 18.

And Foreign Agents Registration Act papers show that he represented Fujian Jinhua, a Chinese state-owned maker of semiconductors. In 2018, it was sanctioned by the Trump administration, which said it was a security threat.

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12165391/DeSantis-fundraiser-lobbyist-Moderna-puberty-blockers-sanctioned-Chinese-company.html
He is pressing for a grand jury investigation into Moderna and has banned transgender treatment for minors in Florida.

Offline Kamaji

Oh yes, DeSantis is just a big phony, putting on such a fake show in Florida, pretending to be all anti-woke, and what have you, just to lull us stupid voters into voting for him so that he can enact the biggest Woke-iest agenda in history.

Good God, get a life.

FTA:

'DeSanctus' hypocrisy surrounding the COVID vaccine, and his willingness to accept money from a representative of a company manufacturing puberty blockers, also show that DeSanctus is willing to sell out for anything if the price is right.'

The DeSantis campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Jun 22, 2023. (FWIW)

Online libertybele

Oh yes, DeSantis is just a big phony, putting on such a fake show in Florida, pretending to be all anti-woke, and what have you, just to lull us stupid voters into voting for him so that he can enact the biggest Woke-iest agenda in history.

Good God, get a life.

Amen!!  888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

FTA:

/snicker

The only hypocrite on the stage - other than the democrats - is Trump, who is a consummate liar who has managed to not only bullshit his way through the 2016 election and four years in office - during which he failed to follow through on any of his signature promises during the campaign, despite having a majority in Congress - no wall, no immigration reform, a "renegotiation" of NAFTA that, for the most part, just changed the name of the agreement, tariffs on China that Biden shut down with a stroke of the pen, and the only actual accomplishments - 3 supreme court justices and tax reform - being the achievements of other people who simply used Trump as a rubber stamp - but is also managing to bullshit his way through the current campaign by convincing people that, contrary to his own f**king track record, this time around, no kidding, he's actually going to get things done.

Reminds me of the idiots who continued to give Bernie Madoff their money, despite the fact that anyone who did their due diligence on his claimed investment returns would have realized that it was theoretically impossible for him to be getting the results he was getting because, in part, he was claiming commodities transactions that constituted a substantial part of all commodities transactions done on the various exchanges.

How bleeding stupid does one have to be to think that Trump is going to be even a single iota better than he was during his failed four years in office?

Offline Kamaji

People really should read Trump's book, the Art of the Deal, because he is brazen enough to lay it out right there in black and white:  he has no problem lying to people about what he will do for them, so long as he can seduce them into giving him what he wants.

Right there, in black and white.  And yet, there are people who think that Trump is right there, one step below Jesus.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't care if Trump gets anything lasting done during his next presidency. I just want to see shit, guts, and feathers everywhere.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

People really should read Trump's book, the Art of the Deal, because he is brazen enough to lay it out right there in black and white:  he has no problem lying to people about what he will do for them, so long as he can seduce them into giving him what he wants.

Right there, in black and white.  And yet, there are people who think that Trump is right there, one step below Jesus.

No, I don't plan on reading the book.  Why should I?  Obviously his skills at 'deal making' are very lacking. He didn't have the ability to do so the four years he was president. I think four years is more than adequate time to display those skills.  For the most part he failed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Good God, get a life.

I have a life, thank you ----- a good one.

DeSanctus is owned by the very people he swears (!) to oppose.  You're okay with that; I am not.

Offline Kamaji

No, I don't plan on reading the book.  Why should I?  Obviously his skills at 'deal making' are very lacking. He didn't have the ability to do so the four years he was president. I think four years is more than adequate time to display those skills.  For the most part he failed.

I agree that you don't need to read it - you don't seem to have fallen for his schtick.

Offline Kamaji

I have a life, thank you ----- a good one.

DeSanctus is owned by the very people he swears (!) to oppose.  You're okay with that; I am not.

/snicker

If that were true, then Trump in 2016 was owned by liberals, because he took plenty of money from Renaissance Technologies and Disney.

/snicker

If that were true, then Trump in 2016 was owned by liberals, because he took plenty of money from Renaissance Technologies and Disney.

You're trying too hard.  This pleases me  happy77

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Denial is not a river in Egypt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

No, I'm just getting fed to the teeth with f**king idiots.  My apologies to everyone else on the board for losing my temper with what amounts to a spoilt little child who is wholly immune to reality.

So, do carry on with your Trump worship.

Offline NavyCanDo

Moderna? The company that made billions off Trumps vaccine? Say it ain't so.  22222frying pan 22222frying pan

Give me a break.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No, I'm just getting fed to the teeth with f**king idiots.  My apologies to everyone else on the board for losing my temper with what amounts to a spoilt little child who is wholly immune to reality.

Nailed it.  Not only worship, but probably a nice paycheck coming with it. Wish she would share just how lucrative the internet political operative business  is nowadays.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Is this the same Marc Lampkin that gave over $8K to Donald Trump?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

Nailed it.  Not only worship, but probably a nice paycheck coming with it. Wish she would share just how lucrative the internet political operative business  is nowadays.
:yowsa:

Online libertybele

My two cents. That's why this forum has the 'ignore' feature, to help  prevent losing your temper. It happens. Opting to not engage and battle is not that difficult though.

Like him or not, Trump was a good president. Yes I do take issue with some things that he has done. IMHO the election was stolen.  SCOTUS turned the other way.  Whether or not you agree with that it's up to you.  However, that is my opinion and nothing is going to change that.

Does that make me a Trump worshiper?  Nope.  Notta.  The Russian collusion was bogus.  The impeachment was bogus.  J6 was bogus and our Republic is hanging by a very fine thread.

God help us.  Either we somehow seat a true conservative or we won't see another election.  I am doubtful we'll even see the election in '24.

All this back and forth between us Briefers who for the most part are like minded and want the same things for this country boggles my mind -- we need to find a way to rattle some chains and figure out how to somehow ensure a fair election instead.  No, I don't have the answers.  I wish.

I can feel the darts and arrows heading my way already.

Online DB

Well the stakes are pretty high. We can vote for Trump again and spend another 4 years in the wilderness while the world around us collapses or we can vote for someone else with a history of getting something done the right way.

Online libertybele

I agree that you don't need to read it - you don't seem to have fallen for his schtick.

@Kamaji  I never give any politician a free pass and that includes DeSantis.  He's been great for the State of Florida.  The election is months away ... we'll see what happens. 

I do know one thing this in-fighting about Trump and DeSantis is counter productive.  The name calling is childish and that's purely one asset among others that isn't exactly becoming of Trump and his supporters. 

Facts with links are needed and not just repeating the opposition's talking points and tweeted smear tactics.

Online libertybele

Well the stakes are pretty high. We can vote for Trump again and spend another 4 years in the wilderness while the world around us collapses or we can vote for someone else with a history of getting something done the right way.

Agreed. The stakes have never been higher.  We do need to consider several things; Trump had us energy independent, inflation was down, unemployment was down and Russia, China and N. Korea were under control for the most part.  The border was more secure than it is now.  Trump has a huge following.  Because of the baggage he carries, (though some of it obviously has been put on him unjustly) and his age, it is time for him to step aside and help seat a true conservative.  We may have one shot left in '24 and that's it.

Trump going off the rails and going against a conservative doesn't sit well with me.  Therein lies the problem.  I see it that he's more for himself than for this country. Otherwise he wouldn't be attacking like he is. He's attacking the wrong side.  Just my opinion.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Trumpbots like RiV will be paid like those who dash and dine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A lobbyist for vaccine manufacturer Moderna and for the maker of a leading puberty blocker given to transgender children is holding a fundraising event for Ron DeSantis in Washington D.C. this month.

NOT a smart thing for him to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!