Author Topic: Top FBI official made 'chilling' threat to agents questioning Jan. 6 cases, whistleblower claims  (Read 143 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Top FBI official made 'chilling' threat to agents questioning Jan. 6 cases, whistleblower claims

"I have witnessed hundreds of Director SVTCs and have never seen a direct threat like that any other time," the whistleblower asserted.

A top official with the FBI has filed a protected disclosure to the Office of the Inspector General alleging that FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate told the bureau's internal critics of its Jan. 6-related cases to seek employment elsewhere and offered to personally address his subordinates' agents concerns.

In a sworn affidavit, the 15-year veteran FBI special agent alleges that, during a routine meeting in February 2021 addressed internal concerns that the bureau had not taken the same approach to its investigations into the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot as it did with the 2020 riots and protests related to the death of George Floyd.

"He had heard that some employees were contrasting the response to January 6th with the response to the post-George Floyd protests and riots in the summer of 2020," the whistleblower alleges. "DD [Deputy Director] Abbate told the audience that anyone who questions the FBI's response or his decisions regarding the response to January 6th did not belong in the FBI and should find a different job - or something to that effect."

File
 Empower Letter to Horowitz
Abbate reportedly went on to insist that the bureau's responses to both matters had been consistent and that it was conducting itself properly.

He then, however, "challenged all Special Agents in Charge ('SACs') that if they had an employee that did not agree, the SACs could have that employee call DD Abbate personally and he would set them straight," the affidavit continues...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien