Author Topic: Trump refuses to tout COVID-19 vaccine: ‘As a Republican, it’s not a great thing to talk about’  (Read 145 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump refuses to tout COVID-19 vaccine: ‘As a Republican, it’s not a great thing to talk about’

By Victor Nava
June 20, 2023

Former President Donald Trump refused to say whether the COVID-19 vaccine works and explained that he doesn’t like to tout his administration’s work on the vaccine because “as a Republican, it’s not a great thing to talk about.”

During an interview with Fox News host Bret Baier that aired Tuesday, Trump, 77, was asked, “In your mind, did the COVID vaccine work?”

The former president dodged the question, instead praising his administration’s efforts at promoting Regeneron’s antibody treatment for COVID and then claiming to have a “Democrat friend who’s very smart” who has questioned why he doesn’t talk more about his work rolling out COVID vaccines.

“You may have saved in the world, throughout the world, 100 million people, and you never talk about it,” Trump recalled his friend telling him.

“I said: ‘I really don’t want to talk about it, because, as a Republican, it’s not a great thing to talk about, because, for some reason, it’s just not.’” the former president told Baier.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/trump-refuses-to-tout-covid-19-vaccine-as-a-republican-its-not-a-great-thing-to-talk-about/

Offline LMAO

Bullshit

This is Donald Trump. If he really believed that the vaccine worked, he would not stop talking about how he saved millions and millions of lives and he would be running to take full credit for it

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Only a few years ago, he was trumpeting the vaccine as one of his great accomplishments.

For example:

I’m honored to welcome doctors, scientists, industry executives, and state and local leaders to our historic Operation Warp Speed Vaccine Summit. It’s been some journey for all of us. It’s been an incredible success.

We’re grateful to be joined by Vice President Mike Pence, who has done an absolutely incredible job on the Coronavirus Task Force. Mike, thank you. Stand up, Mike. (Applause.) Great job.

We’re here to discuss a monumental national achievement. From the instant the coronavirus invaded our shores, we raced into action to develop a safe and effective vaccine at breakneck speed. It would normally take five years, six years, seven years, or even more. In order to achieve this goal, we harnessed the full power of government, the genius of American scientists, and the might of American industry to save millions and millions of lives all over the world. We’re just days away from authorization from the FDA, and we’re pushing them hard, at which point we will immediately begin mass distribution.

Source:  https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-operation-warp-speed-vaccine-summit/

And now he claims:

because, as a Republican, it’s not a great thing to talk about, because, for some reason, it’s just not.

Really?  He has no clue why the vaccine is not the miracle achievement he used to claim?