Author Topic: Trump claims DeSantis attacks are personal, calls him ‘disloyal’ for running against him: ‘I got him  (Read 670 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump claims DeSantis attacks are personal, calls him ‘disloyal’ for running against him: ‘I got him elected’

By Yael Halon, Fox News
June 21, 2023

Former President Donald Trump suggested that his attacks against his Republican challenger Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis are personal in the second part of his exclusive interview with Fox News’ Bret Baier, saying that he finds it “very disloyal” that DeSantis joined the 2024 presidential race after he helped him get elected in Florida.

Trump, who is battling DeSantis for the GOP presidential nomination, was discussing the COVID response of several Republican governors when he invoked the Florida governor’s nickname, “Rob DeSanctimonious” during the second part of the hour-long interview that aired Tuesday on “Special Report.”

“Why do you use that name?” Baier interjected.

“I got him elected,” Trump replied. “And I thought it was very disloyal when he said ‘Yes, I’d run.’ I got him past two races.”

“I’m a big loyalist,” Trump continued. “Some people right here in this room tell me ‘sir don’t worry about loyalty, it doesn’t mean anything in politics.’ I said, to me it does. I got the guy elected.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/21/trump-claims-desantis-attacks-are-personal-calls-him-disloyal-for-running-against-him-i-got-him-elected/

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  Not only a spoilt little cry-baby, but a liar as well.  Compulsive lying seems to be a distinguishing characteristic of the Trump cult of personality.

Offline LMAO

Wow.  Not only a spoilt little cry-baby, but a liar as well.  Compulsive lying seems to be a distinguishing characteristic of the Trump cult of personality.

That picture is exactly how people see Donald Trump outside the MAGA bubble. Most people that you talk to think he’s a bully, but he’s really not. He’s more like a university snowflake.

Was there some agreement that they had that Ron DeSantis could not run against Donald Trump in 2024 just because he campaign for him in 2018? Maybe some written statement? Ron DeSantis on tape saying he will not run against Donald Trump in 2024? Donald Trump just saying so isn’t enough.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 12:56:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I got him elected.

And here I thought it was the voters who did that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Watch: Florida GOP primary winner Ron DeSantis thanks President Trump in his victory speech"

https://twitter.com/CBS12/status/1034607912168157190

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thanks Trump again after pulling him through the general election...

Ron DeSantis (@RonDeSantisFL): "I'd like to thank our president for standing by me when it wasn't necessarily the smart thing to do." #FLGov (Video)

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1060025529791930368

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:28:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Washington Post Exposes Ron DeSantis’ Nefarious Plot To Govern As A Conservative
The Florida governor threatens democracy by following the law.
By: David Harsanyi
June 21, 2023
The Federalist

... How did the Florida governor pull off this Machiavellian coup? It’s complicated. First, DeSantis “narrowly” won the governorship in 2018 by obtaining more votes than his opponent. Smart, right? And then, rather than handing judicial nomination decisions to Democrats and their allies, the governor picked his own replacements for three Florida Supreme Court seats after justices were compelled to step down due to the state’s mandatory retirement age, a requirement passed by a referendum of the voters.

But the scheme does not end there. DeSantis also relied on a bunch of noted legal advisers to help him find competent candidates whose judicial outlooks matched his own.  ...   

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Washington Post Exposes Ron DeSantis’ Nefarious Plot To Govern As A Conservative
The Florida governor threatens democracy by following the law.
By: David Harsanyi
June 21, 2023
The Federalist

... How did the Florida governor pull off this Machiavellian coup? It’s complicated. First, DeSantis “narrowly” won the governorship in 2018 by obtaining more votes than his opponent. Smart, right? And then, rather than handing judicial nomination decisions to Democrats and their allies, the governor picked his own replacements for three Florida Supreme Court seats after justices were compelled to step down due to the state’s mandatory retirement age, a requirement passed by a referendum of the voters.

But the scheme does not end there. DeSantis also relied on a bunch of noted legal advisers to help him find competent candidates whose judicial outlooks matched his own.  ...   

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And here I thought it was the voters who did that.
Where was Trump when DeSantis was running and getting elected to congress? Where was Trump when DeSantis won his second term as governor? Friggin Trump, according to him nobody has any success on their own, they need him :silly: :silly: :silly: And then apparently he sees himself as the godfather who is owned fealty for life or he will lie, ridicule and dismiss you. It is this egotistical behavior and disconnect from reality that turns me off of Trump more every day, not because of the bullshit hit jobs of the democrats but because of the bullshit that comes out of Trumps mouth.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

America won't elect a crybaby to be President ... especially one born with a silver spoon in his mouth ... Major Bonespur needs a timeout.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump complaining about personal attacks and disloyalty is pretty rich.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump complaining about personal attacks and disloyalty is pretty rich Bitch.
I think you spelled a word wrong.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LadyLiberty

Trump complaining about personal attacks and disloyalty is pretty rich.
Especially from someone well known to mess around on his wives.

Offline mountaineer

Trump explains why you have to hit back at those saying bad things about you.
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trump just released a bizarre statement. Not sure if it makes much sense.

"Many say, don't punch down when talking about people like Chris Sununu or sloppy Chris Christie or Ada Hutchinson. I call him Ada, not Asa, because of certain reasons or others, but sometimes it's necessary to talk badly about those that for no reason other than politics speak badly about you. Otherwise, the people that love you don't know whether or not they're for real.

Are they saying the truth or not? So sometimes you have to punch down and you have to say what's happening. Otherwise, they won't understand. It's not fair to them. You have to put them in proper perspective. These bad people, you have to put them in their place. People like this are very destructive, and you have to tell the voters what it's all about.

Otherwise, why should they be able to understand it? Thank you very much."
2:55 PM · Jun 22, 2023

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1671955132869918720
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org