Author Topic: FBI redacted most of additional informant files on alleged Biden bribery scheme: Comer  (Read 174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 FBI redacted most of additional informant files on alleged Biden bribery scheme: Comer
By Steven Nelson   
June 20, 2023 7:35pm

WASHINGTON — House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer said Tuesday that he read two additional FBI informant files related to an alleged $10 million bribery scheme involving President Biden and first son Hunter Biden — but that more than half of the content was redacted.

Comer (R-Ky.) said that it was “a total waste of my time” to review FD-1023 files provided by the FBI at a secure reading room at the Capitol because the March and December 2017 files were so heavily blacked out.

The Oversight chairman read the files just hours after the first son formalized a plea deal with Delaware US Attorney David Weiss for a probation-only plea deal to two misdemeanor tax fraud counts and a felony firearms count related to lying about his drug use, which can be expunged after two years.

Comer said he was alarmed by Weiss saying in a public statement that his office’s investigation is “ongoing” — despite Hunter’s legal team saying his legal jeopardy is “resolved” — noting that the Biden administration previously cited the “ongoing” investigation by Weiss to limit document production to Congress.

“I need to know what the US attorney meant by this is an ‘ongoing’ investigation because the reason the FBI and the Treasury Department won’t give me all of the evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens is because they say it is part of an ongoing investigation,” Comer told reporters.

“So is it a real ongoing investigation or is this just an attempt to obstruct and block our committee from providing oversight? That’s a very important line in what [Weiss] presented to the American people today and nobody knows what that means.”

The top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, Rep. Jamie Raskin, also read the 2017 documents Tuesday and told reporters “they’re not relevant” to the allegation that Joe and Hunter Biden accepted $5 million apiece to do the bidding of Mykola Zlochevsky, the owner of Ukrainian gas company Burisma, which separately paid Hunter Biden up to $1 million per year to serve on its board from 2014-2019.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/fbi-redacted-most-of-additional-informant-files-on-alleged-biden-bribery-scheme-james-comer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If the documents aren't relevant, as Raskin claims, why are they redacted?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley