Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Compares Himself to a Disciple of Jesus Christ  (Read 2816 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ron DeSantis Compares Himself to a Disciple of Jesus Christ
June 16, 2023 | Sundance

Yeah, he really did that. Folks, I’m not sharing this to be snarky about Ron DeSantis per se’, this isn’t actually his messaging. It’s worth looking at this through the prism of who is operating the management, branding and communication effort. This level of ridiculous religious pandering is stunningly identical to Ted Cruz in the early 2016 GOP nomination.

The DeSantis campaign knows they need to target evangelical and faith-based voters. Put a group of people who are not actually centered on the principles of faith in charge of a political campaign, tell them they need to appeal to faith-based voters, and this is exactly what you get.

The DeSantis campaign organizes what should be an interview with friendly allies in the Christian Broadcasting Network. [Full Interview Here]  CBN’s David Brody then interviews Ron DeSantis asking him what historic figures he would associate himself with. DeSantis’s answer is so far beyond pandering cringe, it makes you seriously wonder who constructed this messaging for him [likely, Jeff Roe]. WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpzr-WsZSJ0&ab_channel=TheRecount

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/06/16/ron-desantis-compares-himself-to-a-disciple-of-jesus-christ/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Ron DeSantis Compares Himself to a Disciple of Jesus Christ
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 07:47:30 pm »
Say what?

:facepalm2:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 07:58:55 pm »
By the very definition, if you are a Christian or a Messianic, YOU ARE a disciple of Christ.
That's the point.

I would hope he has a lively faith, and it points in that direction.

And by the way, I too would hope to walk in the Master's footsteps. To have been there at the fulcrum of the ages. That answer is brilliant.

And I would very much like to have an actual Christian, unabashed, who wears his faith on his sleeve, to lead this country.

A SOCON prerequisite. And it's about time.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 08:17:03 pm »
All of us Christians not only are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ, we are to make disciples of others (Matt. 28:19-20). Nothing wrong with drawing parallels between our lives and those of the original disciples, or finding some ways we might be similar to them. After all, they were people with flaws, personality quirks, fears, weaknesses and strengths, just like us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 08:31:29 pm »
While I found the sound byte babbling, in all fairness to Ron, here is the interview on CBN.

'God Has a Plan': Gov. Ron DeSantis Discusses Faith | EXCLUSIVE FULL INTERVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qecgxM-ErcU
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 08:49:37 pm »
It seems like has that in common with a lot  of his supporters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 08:51:49 pm »
GAWD hissef bees on DeRun,run,runs side,yall!

"We iz da wurld.....

We iz da servants......"

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 09:04:32 pm »
GAWD hissef bees on DeRun,run,runs side,yall!

"We iz da wurld.....

We iz da servants......"

@sneakypete God is on everyone's side.  He is an all loving God.  DeSantis not only is conservative but seems to walk in faith.

God has plans for each of us.  Trump included and his supporters.

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus”  First Thessalonians 5:18
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 09:08:59 pm »
While I found the sound byte babbling, in all fairness to Ron, here is the interview on CBN.

While I try very hard to avoid interviews and stump speeches, your finding the sound byte 'babbling' kinda forced me to listen to the interview to gain context = And that context proved to me that it was far from babbling. He couldn't babble if he tried.

Foremost: The erudite nature of his comments was so very refreshing, even if it was a softball interview, and likely somewhat scripted. The man has intellectual stones, far and away.

He has an innate understanding of the Judeo-Christian ethic and the need to see our founding and our justice through that prism. It is indeed, our root.

He has an equally educated and innate understanding of or founders - While his answers were necessarily somewhat flippant perhaps as time restricts him, off-hand he shows an abiding understanding of our founding fathers and the construction of our Constitution - something that should pique the interest of any libtertarian or constitutionalist.

Likewise his understanding of law and order, as already proven.

And finally, within it's context, his comments toward the disciples was not babble. Though it was a softball 'Oprah' moment.

I do wonder, as a declared former Catholic, what his current denom is, and which he follows.

But that was great to listen to... So much more meat on the bone.

Thanks.  :beer:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:10:36 pm by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 09:13:16 pm »
While I try very hard to avoid interviews and stump speeches, your finding the sound byte 'babbling' kinda forced me to listen to the interview to gain context = And that context proved to me that it was far from babbling. He couldn't babble if he tried.

Foremost: The erudite nature of his comments was so very refreshing, even if it was a softball interview, and likely somewhat scripted. The man has intellectual stones, far and away.

He has an innate understanding of the Judeo-Christian ethic and the need to see our founding and our justice through that prism. It is indeed, our root.

He has an equally educated and innate understanding of or founders - While his answers were necessarily somewhat flippant perhaps as time restricts him, off-hand he shows an abiding understanding of our founding fathers and the construction of our Constitution - something that should pique the interest of any libtertarian or constitutionalist.

Likewise his understanding of law and order, as already proven.

And finally, within it's context, his comments toward the disciples was not babble. Though it was a softball 'Oprah' moment.

I do wonder, as a declared former Catholic, what his current denom is, and which he follows.

But that was great to listen to... So much more meat on the bone.

Thanks.  :beer:

DeSantis is Catholic.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 09:16:12 pm »
@sneakypete God is on everyone's side.  He is an all loving God.  DeSantis not only is conservative but seems to walk in faith.

God has plans for each of us.  Trump included and his supporters.

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus”  First Thessalonians 5:18

@libertybele

If that is true,why should any of us bother to make plans  for ourselves?

God is a scam to control people.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2023, 09:16:33 pm »
You are welcome @roamer_1

I have a distrust of sound bytes and click bait headlines. I wanted to see some (more) context to what he said. So I looked it up. I would recommend that everyone listen to the interview.

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 09:17:17 pm »
It seems like has that in common with a lot  of his supporters.

Back at-cha, Trump supporters seem to have a lot in common with Trump...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 09:17:20 pm »
DeSantis not only is conservative but seems to walk in faith.

Yes he does. There is not one thing in that interview to criticize from either a point of Faith, or Conservatism.

That he is former Catholic might ruffle some feathers along the Catholic-Protestant divide, but I saw nothing there that should piss anyone off...

And if it was an affectation, it was far better than Tumpy's.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2023, 09:20:59 pm »
DeSantis is Catholic.

I thought in the interview he declared himself 'former'... Right at the end of the Faith schtick, I thought the interviewer said something to the effect of, 'you are a former Catholic' ... and DeSantis confirmed.

Perhaps I got that wrong...  :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2023, 09:21:10 pm »
@libertybele

Not really @sneakypete  Now if you said 'organized religion' you would have more of a bone to pick.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 09:25:31 pm »
You are welcome @roamer_1

I have a distrust of sound bytes and click bait headlines. I wanted to see some (more) context to what he said. So I looked it up. I would recommend that everyone listen to the interview.

I will second that, @bigheadfred ... Definitely worth a listen.  :beer: :cool:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2023, 09:34:01 pm »
Not really @sneakypete  Now if you said 'organized religion' you would have more of a bone to pick.

@bigheadfred

There is a difference? "God" is the front man.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2023, 09:42:36 pm »
@bigheadfred

There is a difference? "God" is the front man.

Of course there is a difference. All that glitters is not gold.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2023, 09:55:39 pm »
@libertybele

@sneakypete you have asked a question that I have asked several priests and pastors; if we have free will how can our lives already be mapped out for us.

God is not a scam. Miracles do happen ... you had one happen to you when that nurse called out of the blue and you got an appointment, yet you tried before and couldn't get in. (IIRC).

I was raised and baptized Catholic, got married in the Episcopal Church, my kids went to Lutheran middle school and Catholic high school.  Do I and they believe everything?  No?  The Bible does have answers.  No disputing the disciples. Christ died for our sins.

So tell me @sneakypete how is it that we went through 3 major hurricanes, with the last hurricane having wind gusts close to 190mph, that our statue of Mary remained standing?  Trees uprooted around her (not small trees but good sized trees), we lost many of the shingles off our roof and Cat. 4 winds lasted for hours. Yet, a 30 year old, statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary remained standing.

How is it that after Hurricane Charley, I went to volunteer to help people out. Road signs were down, streets flooded, trees knocked over, buildings and homes collapsed, yet a church cross in the churchyard remained standing?

I believe in miracles.  I do not have all the answers @sneakypete and question faith all the time.

GOD IS REAL.

The question of free will is a difficult one.  If anyone would like to comment, please do so.  Perhaps though, it should be a discussion in the Members Only thread.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:56:54 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2023, 10:03:11 pm »
I believe in miracles.

YEP... Because I am one.

GOD IS REAL.

Without a single doubt.

The question of free will is a difficult one.

Not really... Any dumass can make an automaton  that is programmed to worship... Heck, even I can do that. Creating something self-aware that can think, that chooses to worship... Well that's the neat trick.
 :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2023, 10:04:33 pm »
It sure would be nice to hear one of these candidates talk about the runaway spending and the debt that is now up to 32 trillion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MOD3

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 10:12:55 pm »
Reminder: our forum owner has asked that we not engage in religious debates. Please stick to the topic of the thread.
Merci.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2023, 10:22:59 pm »
I have no problem with a candidate who is a devout Christian and follows his Christian faith

But we have some major problems facing this country. I will probably vote for Ron DeSantis in the primary as I know we cannot afford another four years of Donald Trump.

But I hope his campaign for president isn’t just  a religious event

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2023, 10:29:35 pm »
I have no problem with a candidate who is a devout Christian and follows his Christian faith

But we have some major problems facing this country. I will probably vote for Ron DeSantis in the primary as I know we cannot afford another four years of Donald Trump.

But I hope his campaign for president isn’t just  a religious event

IMHO there hasn't been any evidence of a 'religious event'.  Because our country was founded upon Christian values and morals, there is a fine line I believe between religion and conservatism.  He has based his campaign and ruled conservatively.  In many ways, some issues may intertwine with religion; abortion, gay pride, etc.