Author Topic: Lawmakers demand Army justify pursuit of new attack recon helicopter  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawmakers demand Army justify pursuit of new attack recon helicopter
By Jen Judson
 Wednesday, Jun 14

WASHINGTON — Lawmakers would curb the U.S. Army secretary’s travel until the service shows a thorough analysis of alternatives to pursuing a Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft, according to a draft of the fiscal 2024 policy bill released this week by the House Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces.

No more than 70% of the Office of the Secretary of the Army’s travel budget can be obligated or spent until Secretary Christine Wormuth submits that analysis for the FARA program to congressional defense committees, the mark of the bill laid out.

The Army completed a “very robust” analysis of alternatives in 2019 for its Future Long Range Assault Aircraft program, subcommittee Chairman Rob Wittman, R-Va., told Defense News in a June 14 interview. “So our question was why not the same for FARA?”

The Army chose Textron’s Bell to build the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft in December 2022.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/congress/budget/2023/06/14/lawmakers-demand-army-justify-pursuit-of-new-attack-recon-helicopter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lawmakers demand Army justify pursuit of new attack recon helicopter
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 07:39:20 pm »
I agree.  They've got plenty of helicopters that already don't work, why do they want new ones which don't? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson