Author Topic: Starbucks Tells Baristas to Remove Pride Flags From Stores  (Read 645 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Starbucks Tells Baristas to Remove Pride Flags From Stores
« on: June 13, 2023, 05:05:28 pm »
Starbucks Tells Baristas to Remove Pride Flags From Stores

TROUBLE BREWING
Decca Muldowney

Reporter-Researcher
Published Jun. 13, 2023 12:34PM ET

Starbucks has instructed workers in at least twenty-one states to remove Pride flags and decorations from stores, in a move that has enraged workers, according to the union Starbucks Workers United (SBWU). Baristas at stores have reported being told to remove Pride paraphernalia, Casey Moore, a spokesperson for SBWU told The Daily Beast. Workers in Oklahoma were told “it was a safety issue related to the recent attacks on Target,” Moore said, while in Massachusetts, workers were told “they didn’t have any labor hours to decorate for Pride.” Starbucks workers at a store in Madison, Wisconsin posted on Instagram yesterday that their district manager had torn down their Pride decorations because they weren't “welcoming for everyone.” Starbucks did not respond to a request for comment from The Daily Beast.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/starbucks-tells-baristas-to-remove-pride-flags-from-stores
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Starbucks Tells Baristas to Remove Pride Flags From Stores
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 05:10:10 pm »
The wheels are flying off the woke train.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 05:10:29 pm »
LOL...

Hopefully it is true.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 05:12:36 pm »
WOW. That's a surprise. Fear of getting 'Bid Lighted' is working, even in whacko-liberal Starbucks.

Bud Light is powerful... Thunderous.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 05:15:53 pm »
Wisconsin posted on Instagram yesterday that their district manager had torn down their Pride decorations because they weren't “welcoming for everyone.”

Apparently, someone 'gets it'.
They are in the business of doing business, not pandering to political agendas.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 05:19:41 pm »
A problem with identity politics and business is that you bifurcate your consumer base into those whom you value less, and those whom you value more.

A vote is a vote is a vote.

A dollar is a dollar is a dollar.

While aligning with an identity may attract new voters or consumers, it may very well alienate existing ones.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 05:21:26 pm »
Well now… it appears some measure of learning has occurred.  Starbucks knows all too well the power of the withheld dollar.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 05:25:36 pm »
Cool!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 05:27:03 pm »
Encouraging.  Hopefully, the dominoes will continue to fall.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 05:38:05 pm »
Apparently, someone 'gets it'.
They are in the business of doing business, not pandering to political agendas.

Almost right... I think businesses DO bear a responsibility to the community. The charity that comes from business is very important.

Pride is a bastardization of that precept.

Had Bud Light stuck to Veterans, Fire Fighters, LEOS, children's wards, homeless and etc... virtually a million other ways to help, They'd have never had a problem.

Some of that may look political which is why AB always leaned right, and Starbucks always leaned left... The trick in that is to color inside the lines... Stay in the things 'the other side' can digest.

There's a reason a whole lot of liberals drank Bud Light even though it leaned right.
And no doubt to a lesser degree, that conservatives would drink an occasional Starbucks - I am guilty of that myself... Never entered into a Starbucks in my life, but they have a station inside of the Albertson's here, and I have had a mocha or two while shopping.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 05:38:52 pm »
Encouraging.  Hopefully, the dominoes will continue to fall.

Yes, but the pressure has to be kept up; long, sustained pressure against all or substantially all companies that go 'Woke'.  There is no time to rest on our collective laurels just because a few companies are beginning to knuckle under.  If pressure is not kept up, they will go back to woke-ism very quickly.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2023, 05:39:59 pm »
Almost right... I think businesses DO bear a responsibility to the community. The charity that comes from business is very important.

Pride is a bastardization of that precept.

Had Bud Light stuck to Veterans, Fire Fighters, LEOS, children's wards, homeless and etc... virtually a million other ways to help, They'd have never had a problem.

Some of that may look political which is why AB always leaned right, and Starbucks always leaned left... The trick in that is to color inside the lines... Stay in the things 'the other side' can digest.

There's a reason a whole lot of liberals drank Bud Light even though it leaned right.
And no doubt to a lesser degree, that conservatives would drink an occasional Starbucks - I am guilty of that myself... Never entered into a Starbucks in my life, but they have a station inside of the Albertson's here, and I have had a mocha or two while shopping.

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2023, 09:16:39 pm »
WOW. That's a surprise. Fear of getting 'Bid Lighted' is working, even in whacko-liberal Starbucks.

Bud Light is powerful... Thunderous.

It certainly is. In the not too distant past, singers, athletes and stores didn't interject their politics and social stances into their business model. I hope we can return to those days...soon.

Shut up and sing.
Shut up and play sports.
Shut up and sell your product.

The company I worked for had a motto. Leave your personal cr*p at the door. We pay you to work.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023, 09:40:30 pm »

It certainly is. In the not too distant past, singers, athletes and stores didn't interject their politics and social stances into their business model. I hope we can return to those days...soon.

Shut up and sing.
Shut up and play sports.
Shut up and sell your product.

The company I worked for had a motto. Leave your personal cr*p at the door. We pay you to work.

That's right  888high58888

And somebody should have told Garth Brooks.  :whistle:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023, 10:17:49 pm »
Starbucks workers at a store in Madison, Wisconsin posted on Instagram yesterday that their district manager had torn down their Pride decorations because they weren't “welcoming for everyone.”
Why isn't he in jail? If anyone touches ANYTHING related to gay or trans, it is automatically classified as a "hate crime". The baristas should have called the cops on him. He is obviously a White Supremacist 'hater'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.