Author Topic: Reinvent The Submarine Force To Beat China  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Reinvent The Submarine Force To Beat China
« on: June 11, 2023, 04:12:41 pm »
DR. JAMES HOLMES: THE NAVAL DIPLOMAT - 19FORTYFIVE

Reinvent The Submarine Force To Beat China

The world’s oceans and seas could become transparent to advanced sensors and processing methods. Submariners could find their world turned upside down soon and suddenly.

ByJames HolmesPublished17 hours ago

The age of undersea exceptionalism is drawing to a close in naval warfare. Get used to it, submariners, and get ready. That’s the glum but bracing message from Bryan Clark and Timothy Walton, two fellows over at the Hudson Institute. Their new report “Fighting into the Bastions” is nothing less than a call for a revolution in subsurface operations. It’s a message that U.S. Navy officialdom and its political masters must heed.

Read the whole thing.

Retired submariner Clark has been warning for years now that a revolution in undersea affairs is on its way by virtue of advances in technology and antisubmarine tactics. Back in 2015, for instance, he ran a report over at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA) contending that the world’s oceans and seas could become transparent to advanced sensors and processing methods. Submariners could find their world turned upside down soon and suddenly.

For him this amounted to a new age in undersea affairs. No longer would submariners enjoy their seemingly everlasting advantage of being able to take advantage of the nature of water and hydrographic conditions—temperature, salinity, pressure—to hide from hostile subs, surface warships, and aircraft.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/06/reinvent-the-submarine-force-to-beat-china/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 04:13:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Reinvent The Submarine Force To Beat China
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 04:14:30 pm »
What would Biden do to insure equity for China and Russia? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson