Author Topic: Biden says he's never interfered with Justice Department: 'I'm honest'  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he's never interfered with Justice Department: 'I'm honest'

by Haisten Willis, White House Reporter
June 08, 2023 03:41 PM

President Joe Biden pledged that he's never interfered with the Department of Justice as it investigates his predecessor.

Biden was pressed on the matter following an appearance with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and as reports circulate that the Justice Department could indict former President Donald Trump.

"I have never once, not one single time, suggested to the Justice Department what they should do or not do relative to bringing a charge or not bringing a charge," Biden said. "I'm honest."

He then tapped the podium before him twice and walked off the stage.

A reporter asked Biden as the press conference was ending why voters should trust the DOJ given the possible conflict of interests.

"What do you say to Americans to convince them that they should trust the independence and fairness of the Justice Department when your predecessor, Donald Trump, repeatedly attacks it?" the reporter asked.

Special counsel Jack Smith has reportedly wrapped up his investigation into Trump's handling of classified documents, and people are speculating what charges the Justice Department could bring forward.

Trump could be facing an indictment on federal criminal charges as early as next week. There are multiple avenues Smith could take when it comes to determining charges — most likely to come under the Espionage Act.

If Trump is charged, it will mark the first federal prosecution of a former president in U.S. history and could have major implications for his 2024 presidential campaign.

Trump adamantly denied reports that the DOJ informed him of the case, slamming it as a "witch hunt" and declaring his innocence.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-says-never-interfered-justice-department-im-honest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34