Author Topic: George Santos judge to unseal names of people who paid lying rep’s $500K bond  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 George Santos judge to unseal names of people who paid lying rep’s $500K bond
By Josh Christenson   
June 6, 2023 2:43pm

A New York federal judge ordered the unsealing of the identities of two people who cosigned a $500,000 unsecured bond for Rep. George Santos (R-NY) in his criminal fraud case — one day after the lying congressman’s lawyer said his client would rather go to jail than give up the information.

US Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields ruled Tuesday that the names of the bond suretors who helped secure the release the indicted Long Island congressman before his trial will be unsealed at noon Friday — unless an appeal comes from Santos’ legal team before then.

The 34-year-old Republican’s attorney, Joseph Murray, petitioned Shields on Monday to shield access to the suretors’ identities, saying they may “suffer great distress” at their public outing, including potentially losing their jobs or being physically harmed.

“My client would rather surrender to pretrial detainment than subject these suretors to what will inevitably come,” he wrote in a letter to the judge.

Murray also requested that the guarantors be given time to withdraw their names as cosigners if they are unmasked, citing death threats that the representative’s staff have fielded since his release.

Last month, an attorney for the New York Times and a separate legal firm representing other news outlets such as the Washington Post and CNN had requested the identities be disclosed.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/06/george-santos-judge-to-unseal-records-of-who-paid-reps-bond/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Last month, an attorney for the New York Times and a separate legal firm representing other news outlets such as the Washington Post and CNN had requested the identities be disclosed.

Republicans/conservatives should make a point to go after exactly the same information every time a democrat/lib/prog is involved.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Now, we'll know who owns him.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Republicans/conservatives should make a point to go after exactly the same information every time a democrat/lib/prog is involved.

@Kamaji

Sadly,that won't work in leftist  states like Ca,Oregon,NYC,etc,etc,etc because the judges will all be Dims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!