Author Topic: Newsom threatens DeSantis with 'kidnapping charges' over migrant flights to Sacramento  (Read 455 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Didn't quite know where to post this -- so when in doubt -- politics.  Newsom going after DeSantis is going to prove interesting.  Newsom perhaps is feeling a little left out??  In case Newsom hasn't notice -- his state has several sanctuary cities.

Newsom threatens DeSantis with 'kidnapping charges' over migrant flights to Sacramento

California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom escalated his feud with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday, appearing to threaten DeSantis with kidnapping charges over South American migrant flights to Sacramento.

Newsom cited California kidnapping laws in a tweet sent Monday that called the Florida governor and 2024 GOP presidential candidate a "small, pathetic man."

"This isn't Martha's Vineyard. Kidnapping charges?" Newsom tweeted, referencing Florida's migrant relocation initiative. DeSantis drew national headlines last year when the state of Florida flew a group of South American migrants from Texas to the liberal enclave of Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, which had touted broad support for sanctuary policies.

More than a dozen migrants were transported from Texas to New Mexico before being flown to Sacramento and left on the doorstep of a local church Friday "without any advance warning," Newsom said over the weekend................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-threatens-desantis-kidnapping-charges-migrant-flights-sacramento

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More empty threats from an empty head of dripping hair gel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Yup.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"This isn't Martha's Vineyard..."

:silly:

I'd wager that 'fresh salt air' at the Vineyard is more than a mite fresher than the fece dumps of San Francisco.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

I wonder if that gel has flame retardants in it?

Offline LMAO

He threatened this before and it went nowhere
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

He threatened this before and it went nowhere

Ya, but it makes a great sound bite... Truth left the building a long time ago.

Online mountaineer

That grease has permeated his scalp and is causing brain damage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wonder if that gel has flame retardants in it?

If so, he or a loved one may be entitled to significant compensation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@libertybele

HOW can a governor from one state issue a brain fart big enough to think he can actually have a governor from another state arrested????

Shouldn't the be a limit to how far stupidity can spread?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!