Author Topic: GEN Milley Awarded France's Highest Medal of Honor  (Read 1046 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GEN Milley Awarded France's Highest Medal of Honor
« on: June 05, 2023, 03:51:49 pm »
.By Tara Copp & Sylvie Corbet

PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron awarded France’s highest medal of honor to the U.S. Joint Chiefs chairman, Gen. Mark Milley, on Friday for his role in coordinating support for Ukraine and for his more than 40-year military career spent in defense of democracy.

Milley, who is traveling in France to attend ceremonies at Normandy to mark the 79th anniversary of D-Day, is close to finishing a four-year term as the top U.S. military officer and plans to retire when his tenure as chairman ends Sept. 30.

Macron awarded Milley the order of Commander of the Legion of Honor at a closed ceremony at the Élysée, the presidential palace. The medal was created by French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802. It is awarded to about 2,000 citizens and about 300 foreigners each year for defense of French values.

Milley called the award “an incredible honor from a nation that is our oldest ally,” which the U.S. has fought alongside from the Battle of Yorktown through both world wars to as recently as Afghanistan, when French soldiers served with Milley during his time as a commander in Afghanistan.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/05/gen_milley_awarded_frances_highest_medal_of_honor_903496.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: GEN Milley Awarded France's Highest Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 03:53:58 pm »
Do you know how many French forces it takes to defend Paris?  No one knows since they've never done it.  So it makes perfect sense they would give Milley their highest award. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 03:54:05 pm »
The prestigious Legion of Honor "Surrender Monkey"?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 03:56:26 pm »
The prestigious Legion of Honor "Surrender Monkey"?
With a cheese-eater cluster.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 04:12:47 pm »
Typical leftists, sully an honor reserved for the most gallant and presented to a perfumed prince.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 09:33:49 pm »
Typical leftists, sully an honor reserved for the most gallant and presented to a perfumed prince.
But this is how it works. They all give each other awards and praise, and it goes round and round in some perverse mutual back-patting society.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 09:44:18 pm »
The Smelly-cheese-eating Surrender Monkey Award for Retreat?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 09:54:18 pm »
France can have him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 09:56:09 pm »
That jackass already wears so many medals, he should be in the North Korean army. Those generals love to adorn themselves with tin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 08:38:29 pm »
But this is how it works. They all give each other awards and praise, and it goes round and round in some perverse mutual back-patting society.

Just as a reminder, from January 19, 2021....

President Trump Awards Presidential Commendations to Operation Warp Speed Team

Today, President Donald J. Trump awarded Presidential Commendations to the below individuals in recognition of their exceptional efforts on Operation Warp Speed:

General Mark Milley
Secretary Alex Azar
Jared Kushner
Dr. Moncef Slaoui
General Gustave Perna
Dr. Deborah Birx
Dr. Anthony Fauci

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/president-trump-awards-presidential-commendations-operation-warp-speed-team/

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 08:59:37 pm »
Just as a reminder, from January 19, 2021....

I hope there's video of that. That will make a great follow up ad.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 11:38:36 pm »
Miss Miley never spent a single day in combat in her  whole career. She was always a staff officer until she had enough rank to be a commander.

Her CIB award is pure BullBush,awarded to her while she was a staff officer far in the rear that  MIGHT  have heard an explosion far off in the distance at one time or another,but that's it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline I-ambush

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 06:16:41 pm »
.By Tara Copp & Sylvie Corbet

PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron awarded France’s highest medal of honor to the U.S. Joint Chiefs chairman, Gen. Mark Milley, on Friday for his role in coordinating support for Ukraine and for his more than 40-year military career spent in defense of democracy.

Milley, who is traveling in France to attend ceremonies at Normandy to mark the 79th anniversary of D-Day, is close to finishing a four-year term as the top U.S. military officer and plans to retire when his tenure as chairman ends Sept. 30.

Macron awarded Milley the order of Commander of the Legion of Honor at a closed ceremony at the Élysée, the presidential palace. The medal was created by French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802. It is awarded to about 2,000 citizens and about 300 foreigners each year for defense of French values.

Milley called the award “an incredible honor from a nation that is our oldest ally,” which the U.S. has fought alongside from the Battle of Yorktown through both world wars to as recently as Afghanistan, when French soldiers served with Milley during his time as a commander in Afghanistan.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/05/gen_milley_awarded_frances_highest_medal_of_honor_903496.html

France’s highest guest military honor: the Order of the White Flag