Author Topic: Claim: The Covid Pandemic Caused Global Warming  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Claim: The Covid Pandemic Caused Global Warming
« on: June 05, 2023, 10:09:41 am »
Claim: The Covid Pandemic Caused Global Warming
16 hours ago Eric Worrall 41 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Apparently the drop in particulate emissions during the Covid lockdown triggered a surge of global warming.

Climate paradox: Emission cuts could ‘unmask’ deadly face of climate change, scientists warn

BY SAUL ELBEIN – 06/01/23 6:00 AM ET

One the one hand, cutting fossil fuel pollution is necessary for avoiding severe destruction over the long term. But such cuts will make the earth much hotter in the short term.

One recent study cast the well-known declines in air pollution during the COVID-19 pandemic in a darker light.

That’s because the shuttered factories and power plants led to a corresponding crash in emissions.

After the cuts, the study found that light reaching the surface increased by 7 percent.

A draft study led by Columbia University climate scientist James Hansen suggests that the recent rise in temperatures doesn’t come from greenhouse gases at all, but from the reduction in sulfate aerosols since the early-2000s.

Not all climate scientists accept Hansen and company’s conclusion.

“I have nothing but respect & reverence for [Hansen] … but I think he is wrong on this one,” University of Pennsylvania climate scientist Michael Mann tweeted.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/04/claim-the-covid-pandemic-caused-global-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson