Author Topic: Early primary state voters explain why they support DeSantis over Trump: 'Better chance of winning'  (Read 469 times)

Offline libertybele

Early primary state voters explain why they support DeSantis over Trump: 'Better chance of winning'

Greenville, SC – Voters in the early presidential primary state of South Carolina are sounding off on why they support Republican presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over former President Donald Trump.

Fox News Digital spoke with a number of those in attendance at a DeSantis rally on Friday and asked them why they are leaning toward DeSantis, as well as their feelings on Trump, the current front-runner in the race for the Republican nomination.

"I think what DeSantis has done in Florida has been amazing. And I have been a supporter of him from the beginning. I think he is a person that will back the American people and get the country back on track, as Trump did years ago," a voter named Sarah told Fox.

"But sometimes it's time for you to have somebody new, and I think DeSantis is the one," she added..............

...............Voter Tammy told Fox she was supporting DeSantis because "he's the man."

"He represents my values. He's conservative. He's commonsense. He doesn't back down in the face of wokeness going on, especially in the schools. He's protecting kids against this radical ideology, which I'm all for. Yeah, he just represents everything that I am as a conservative," she said....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/early-primary-state-voters-explain-support-desantis-over-trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

If this feeling begins to gain steam amongst primary voters, we may see a similar situation as in 2007 -2008 were Hillary Clinton was  favored to win but ultimately lost to Barack Obama in the Democratic primary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

If this feeling begins to gain steam amongst primary voters, we may see a similar situation as in 2007 -2008 were Hillary Clinton was  favored to win but ultimately lost to Barack Obama in the Democratic primary

Why the pessimism?  We have a true conservative running! It's about darn time.  I've stated before; it is imperative that we seat a true conservative in '24 or we can kiss our Republic completely good-bye. :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

Trump is the GOP's Hillary Clinton. Funny how they were good friends before they both went after the same prize...

Online LMAO

Why the pessimism?  We have a true conservative running! It's about darn time.  I've stated before; it is imperative that we seat a true conservative in '24 or we can kiss our Republic completely good-bye. :patriot: :patriot:

I think you misunderstood my post. Right now, Trump is favored to be the GOP nominee in 2024 similar to Hillary being favored to win the 2008 Democratic Party nominee. As the primary campaign heated up, she lost her momentum and lost the nomination to Obama.

If these early primary voters feelings grow out into preferring RDS to DJT, Trump may ultimately lose the nomination to RDS despite being, for now, the assumed nominee
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

I think you misunderstood my post. Right now, Trump is favored to be the GOP nominee in 2024 similar to Hillary being favored to win the 2008 Democratic Party nominee. As the primary campaign heated up, she lost her momentum and lost the nomination to Obama.

If these early primary voters feelings grow out into preferring RDS to DJT, Trump may ultimately lose the nomination to RDS despite being, for now, the assumed nominee

Unlike Hillary, Trump could easily decide to run third party if he's not the nominee. He has no loyalty to anyone other than himself. That would likely mean another four years of a leftist in the White House.

Offline kevindavis007

Unlike Hillary, Trump could easily decide to run third party if he's not the nominee. He has no loyalty to anyone other than himself. That would likely mean another four years of a leftist in the White House.

I don't think that Trump has the resources to run as a third-party candidate.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DB

We may well find out...

Offline libertybele

Yes, I did misunderstand.  Thank you for the clarification.

Offline libertybele

I don't think he'd be able to qualify and get onto the ballot in all 50 states.  There were a couple of states that Cruz had to go to court in order to get onto the ballot.  I see Trump running into some hurdles.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'd rather have him run third party than run and lose. I think a third party run would make it very clear Biden would be re-elected, so you may get more ticket-splitting than usual with independents more willing to support the GOP in Congress.

Trump as the nominee will kill the GOP in congressional races, and likely hand the Democrats not only the White House, but solid majorities in both houses of Congress.