Author Topic: Column: This is the Century of Natural Gas  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Column: This is the Century of Natural Gas
« on: May 31, 2023, 10:34:57 am »
Column: This is the Century of Natural Gas
21 hours ago Guest Blogger 
From BOE Report

Terry Etam

The headline above is not designed to make young heads explode, It’s really not. But it might.

Before getting to why that might be, consider why the headline is a credible statement. The evidence is, in total, overwhelming.

Here’s a 2023 headline from an anti-hydrocarbons website: “China, India lead US$534 billion global gas pipeline build out.” The article notes that globally, over 59,000 kilometres of transmission pipeline are under construction and an additional 151,000 kms are proposed (for reference, the earth’s circumference is 40,000 kms).

That’s just the growth, and that’s just the bigger transmission lines. Natural gas pipeline distribution systems are made up of large transmission lines and then smaller distribution systems. I have not been able to find a statistic for the combined length of the total global distribution system, perhaps none exists, but consider the U.S.’s pipeline system characteristics: The U.S. has over 300,000 miles of natural gas transmission lines, and about 2.2 million miles of smaller distribution pipelines – the ones that get gas to customers.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/30/column-this-is-the-century-of-natural-gas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson